Google Nexus 5 - voicemail: reject call to voicemail?

nicknacknock

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've only received one call since I got my N5, and a call from an unknown number came in. Normally I can slide the icon to answer, reject, which both showed up, but on the N4 I could push it to voice mail - I didn't see that option (I actually remember there being 4 but only saw 2).

Perhaps it had something to do with the unknown number. Has anyone seen that option when recieving incoming call?

ITrun

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I also would like to know about because in previous versions of android you could create your own black list that rejects automatically these phone numbers, but with the kitkat version I couldn't find it.

Grettings

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Rejecting a call by swiping left should automatically send it to voicemail. That's how it is working on my Nexus 5; if it is not working for you, perhaps your voicemail account is not properly configured?

Have you tried calling yourself from another phone and then rejecting the call to see what actually happens?

keef56

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have just been working through my new Nexus 5.

Some great things and some disappointing - time will tell!

For rejecting a call - to voice or reply with SMS, when the call comes in, hold down the round virtual phone icon - keep your finger on it will display options to transfer to voice or reply with an SMS.
hope that helps

Now just have to sort out the appalling volume issue!
keef

Ramhi

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5--tried pressing the incoming phone call button but no icon appeared for the text quick response option, only the two icons for answering or not answering (send to voicemail) the call. Any suggestions?

keef56

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
So when I get a call, if I hold the round soft icon I get three options.

Red on the Left - which is reject to Voice
Green on the right - which is answer
and a third option top middle - which if you slide up gives you a number of text responses

nicknacknock

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah not sure what happened when I first got it. Its all working normal now - I rarely get calls and never really look at the phone when I do so it took a while to test it more, heh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid