AT&T LTE

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Cool! Aside from the data speeds, how are you enjoying the device?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
It is amazing how good A&T LTE is. I got tired of seeing my wife's iPhone smoke my Nexus 4 on speed tests to I bought the HTC One Google Edition when it came out. So I know what you mean, what a difference LTE makes. Now I am waiting for the N5 to show up so I can be back in the Nexus world. I felt a little like I was cheating being away from the Nexus line so it will be good to be back.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That's nice. I switched from tmobile back to At&t because it works better in my city. It's nice to have a unlocked Nexus phone with LTE.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
williams -

1. were you inside or outside for that test? does it make a difference?
2. how many MB does each test use? Settings-->Data Usage
3. are those speeds consistent?
4. are you in a major metro area?

thanks!

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Cool! Aside from the data speeds, how are you enjoying the device?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

For the most part I love it! Feel in the hand is excellent. My opinion is 4.4 is a big upgrade. Really love having Google Now as a homescreen. Kinda wish you could move it around instead of being all the way to the left by default, but nothing I can't get use to. Love having SMS in Hangouts. The dialer app is a big plus for me as well. The only thing I'm a little disappointed in is the speaker. Kinda sounds muffled, like the speaker is way up inside the phone. Although the speaker was on the back, I thought the speaker on the N4 was a little clearer. Overall, I really love this phone and KitKat!!

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
williams -

1. were you inside or outside for that test? does it make a difference?
2. how many MB does each test use? Settings-->Data Usage
3. are those speeds consistent?
4. are you in a major metro area?

thanks!

1. I've done two tests. 1st was done inside, I got 19.3 down & 4.5 up 37 miles from Charlotte. 2nd was done outside (screenshot above) 29 miles from Charlotte.
2. Both tests on LTE used 157 MB.
3. Will check back later in the day.
4. No

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. I've done two tests. 1st was done inside, I got 19.3 down & 4.5 up 37 miles from Charlotte. 2nd was done outside (screenshot above) 29 miles from Charlotte.
2. Both tests on LTE used 157 MB.
3. Will check back later in the day.
4. No

1. so it looks like being outside makes a huge difference!
2. 157MB is a lot of data for 2 speed tests!

thanks!

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised how good my lte s with att. Coming from a nexus 4 seeing these speeds blew me away.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383752811046.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383752811046.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 8

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
LTE speeds vary from tower to tower and congestion level. Indoor or outside doesn't make a lot difference (other than the obvious signal drop which may affect speed). Which tower you currently connect to and how many ppl are using the tower at the time is what matters. I have see anywhere from 10mbps to 50mbps.

On average, AT&T's LTE network has been rated fastest in the nation by various independent benchmarks. Verizon may have the most LTE coverage but speed is no where close to AT&T.

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
2. 157MB is a lot of data for 2 speed tests!
You can use less data on speed tests by using Rootmetrics' app. And you'd also be helping create a realisitc, real-world data based coverage map. I've only just started using it, but it seems to be pretty good.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.rootmetrics&token=d3lM1Hoj

That's the app Runningwarrior08 is using in the first couple of posts in this thread.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/331375-tmobile-lte-speeds.html

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
For the most part I love it! Feel in the hand is excellent. My opinion is 4.4 is a big upgrade. Really love having Google Now as a homescreen. Kinda wish you could move it around instead of being all the way to the left by default, but nothing I can't get use to. Love having SMS in Hangouts. The dialer app is a big plus for me as well. The only thing I'm a little disappointed in is the speaker. Kinda sounds muffled, like the speaker is way up inside the phone. Although the speaker was on the back, I thought the speaker on the N4 was a little clearer. Overall, I really love this phone and KitKat!!
I believe swiping up on any other screen will get you to Google Now as well. Give it a try and let us know :)

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe swiping up on any other screen will get you to Google Now as well. Give it a try and let us know :)

You are correct. When you swipe up, it takes you to the Google Now homescreen, which is a good feature IMO. I am a creature of habitat, and am use to having a certain set of App icons & widgets on the screen to the left of my Main homescreen. Just something I will get use to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995