Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By digink#AC
  • 2 Post By rockitdog23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint to TMo

So after getting my N5 (which I love) I dumped Sprint and went to TMo... now I wasn't expecting anything substantial but boy, you really don't realize how krappy Sprint data speeds are until you leave them.

Now TMo doesn't have the speeds or coverage that Verizon did, but my phone actually WORKS now. I am in Orlando FL, where Sprint technically has a decent LTE rollout, and even then, there would be so many times I'd try to use an app that required mobile data and it'd just sit and sit and never work.

So far some initial testing on the TMo locations that isn't even an issue.

I actually have LTE inside my office, where on Sprint, I'd be roaming with a barely usable data connection, and while the signal isn't strong all of my apps that I'd want to use in the office (Facebook, etc) work incredibly well.

Whew, Sprint REALLY is as bad as folks always say.

Just wanted to share! Thanks for reading.
    Sprint Samsung GS3 (cya SPRINT!) > 32GB Nexus 5
    Biggnaa20 likes this.

Default Re: Sprint to TMo

Welcome to the Former Sprint customer/ current T-Mobile customer club! I switched just over a year ago and didn't look back!
    digink#AC and Biggnaa20 like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The most subtle things make me laugh now. Usually on the way to work, I'll have to jump on WebEx meetings. When I was on Sprint, a few times I tried to use the WebEx app to get my meets and connect via my mobile device and it just took SO LONG to even get it to authenticate my account I would just give up and be late to the meetings. Tried it again this AM w/ the N5 while on TMo and it literally came right up as I hit the sign-in button.

It's those little things that just make me hate Sprint even more.

Depending on your market it is a whole new world with them now. My market is still not great as they are about 50% through the NV upgrades but other markets that I travel to frequently just rock in terms of performance. It will be a whole new experience in 6 months or so.

I was in your camp last year and jumped to get the Galaxy Nexus when Google dropped the price.

Being able to actually use my phone was worth the ETF to me. I'm glad you're having good results.

nb
    Dumbphones>Treo 650>Apache>Mogul>Raphael>Palm Pre>Samsung Epic 4g>Evo 4g>Epic 4g Touch>GSM Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S3 + Nexus 4

Sprint is a whole new experience here in Atlanta. The rollout is now near 100% here. I now have fast LTE everywhere I go.

Nexus 7 (2013)

I'm in Tampa, FL and one of the big reasons I wen't with the Nexus 5 was to try out the LTE in the area and if I am not happy with it jumping ship to T-Mobile. The negative with T-Mobile in my case is their unlimited plan is $20 more than my Sprint SERO plan...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    Sprint is a whole new experience here in Atlanta. The rollout is now near 100% here. I now have fast LTE everywhere I go.

Nexus 7 (2013)
    When I visit ATL for work, I agree, I used to get great LTE speeds throughout most of the city. Not bashing Sprint all over, just for my uses, it was never great though in some parts of even Orlando the LTE speeds and usability are great just OVERALL it kind of sucks.