Nexus 5 Charger

CMSevilla

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Just a random question:

My Nexus 5 arrived brand new and sealed yesterday.

The charger, however, says LG on it (obviously since the phone was made by LG), the USB cable loots like it had been used, and the charger itself had several scuffs on it.

I honestly don't care about the cosmetics of the charger or cable, I just wanted to know if everyone else received the same thing I did. Last thing I wanna think is that I got some refurb charger thrown in there that will kill my phone at some point.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
my charger was pristine. i would be pissed if it looked used - just on general principle. i would contact Google and ask for a credit or a new charger.

good luck!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
the USB cable loots like it had been used, and the charger itself had several scuffs on it

The cable should have been tightly and neatly coiled, and both it and the charger neatly wrapped and in 'pristine' condition without scuffs or even so much as a fingerprint. Anything less should arouse suspicion.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
lol... now I'll need to check mine.... I've got so many micro USB cables (one at work, two at home and one in the car) that I didn't even open the packaging around the ones that came with my N5.. Plus at home I have the 2012 Nexus Wireless charger that I use most of the time anyway that I don't even use the cables anymore..

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There is a charger included? :)

The phone works perfectly with my Nokia wireless charger, I have not even both unpack anything from the box other than the phone itself.

CMSevilla

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah mine came with twist ties around them in individually sealed opaque plastic bags.

Is that what it looked like for you guys?

I mean, the phone is in pristine mint condition (I would have raised hell if the phone came otherwise).

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine came the same way, twist tied and in their own wraps. But in all honesty I didn't inspect them for scuffs or damages I opened it just to grab the cable so I could unlock my bootloader without unplugging my N4 Wireless charger. Otherwise I wouldn't have even unpackaged it.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Plus at home I have the 2012 Nexus Wireless charger that I use most of the time anyway that I don't even use the cables anymore..

how does this puppy work with the Nexus 5? does it charge fast? does it stay on? any problems? do you like it? can you post a pic or two of the Nexus 5 sitting on it? i see that the new version is coming but i'm interested to hear how the old version works.

thanks!

Google launches new wireless charging pad for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 | The Verge

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
how does this puppy work with the Nexus 5? does it charge fast? does it stay on? any problems? do you like it? can you post a pic or two of the Nexus 5 sitting on it? i see that the new version is coming but i'm interested to hear how the old version works.

thanks!

Google launches new wireless charging pad for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 | The Verge

It works better than it did with the N4 haha.

I will try to post some pics later for you when I get home. It looks good and charges well, unfortunately battery reporting apps are not working correctly in KItKat yet to see how many milliAmps are actually being supplied but it charged my phone perfect last night and I woke up with a full battery.

Screen was off during charge. Dynamic notifications worked correctly while on the wireless charger also.

CMSevilla

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke to Google about this and they too are confused by the condition my charger and cable arrived since they don't ship out devices with refurbished parts ever.

They offered an RMA for me to get a brand new phone with new accessories, but I opted not to. Even though they did tell me they'd send the phone out 1st and then expect mine back later, I just don't want to go through the whole setting up process again. Apparently (if you didn't know) they offer warranty protection on the entire phone and accessories for 1 year from the day you purchased it.

Maybe down the line I will get it replaced if it fails on me, until then I'll keep it.

Also side note: when is the wireless charger coming? Anyone have a link to purchase it?

I have a Nexus 5 and 7, and I'd love to charge them both with it.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

thanks!

I'll shoot you some pictures when I get home tonight.... I had to slightly modify it a little bit.. I don't know why but when I first got the 2012 Nexus Charging Orb I was using it with my Nexus 7 tablet and it worked perfectly... but over time (a few weeks) the tablet started to slide and would eventually move out of place and not charge any more... So I had to put some modeling clay on the base to tilt it up to where the phone or tablet lay mostly flat on the surface... Last night was the first time using it on the Nexus 5 but with the Nexus 7 it charged pretty fast.. Since I mostly used it overnight it's hard to say how long it takes to charge... I took the clay out and set the phone on it last night and watched it slide off and out of place so I had to put the clay back under it to keep it tilted so the phone also wouldn't slip off.... but it works pretty good...

I ordered one of these from Amazon to see how it works.. a lot cheaper than what I am sure Google with charge for their official Nexus charger... I want this for my desk at work and I might even get another one for the house if it works pretty good...

Amazon.com: CHOE UPGRADED Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad for Nexus 4, Nexus 5, New Nexus 7 Tablet, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 and Other Qi-Enabled Phones: Cell Phones & Accessories