How to save pictures from MMS in hangouts?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't figure this out for the life of me. Someone sent me pictures and I want to save them. I long hold it when it is maximized and no options come up.

xyvyx

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
FWIW, this doesn't work on a Motorola Droid 4.

This phone has "hard" keys for menu/home/back/search and pressing the menu key does nothing while viewing an attached image full-screen. Likewise, a long-press does nothing, attempting to zoom in/out on the image does nothing and swiping does nothing. C'mon Google!!

On a MMS message with multiple images attached, I WAS able to long-press on the inline, smaller image, but it seemed that I could only forward them to another hangout.
Luckily, the old Text/MMS app still works and contains all the same messages, so I was able to use it to save the attachments and relay them as needed.

LowRidinChevys

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey so I've figured out how to save pictures from MMS messages! Screenshot them! In case you don't know how, which I had to Google it, you hold the power button and volume down simultaneously. It will save in its own album in your gallery! =) Hope this helps.

P.s. this is for the nexus 5

Michael Cone

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey so I've figured out how to save pictures from MMS messages! Screenshot them! In case you don't know how, which I had to Google it, you hold the power button and volume down simultaneously. It will save in its own album in your gallery! =) Hope this helps.

Wow. Works on the Motorola Droid Razr too. I have to pay more attention to these forums. Thanks.

Tamara Berlin

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
OMG! Thank you! I have been trying to figure out, for so long, how to save my Hangout pictures in my Gallery so that I can retrieve/ find them easily. I have a Samsung 6 Edge. The volume button and power button didnt work so I played around with it and discovered holding down the home button at the same time as the power button worked. Finally something worked!!! I am so happy I found this forum! Thank you!