Nexus 5 or HTC One

jlekach

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC One that I flashed into a Google Play Edition that has been my phone since it launched but sitting waiting for me in my office is a 32gb Nexus 5. The big question is do I keep the HTC One or give it to a family member and move to the Nexus 5. Thoughts?

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used the Nexus, but from what I've read it's got a better camera so if that's important to you it might be the better device. Personally I love the front facing speakers and 64gb of storage I have on my One DE. It would be tough for me to give those up.

RicM211

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I was just having this thought myself a few days ago, you have to ask yourself what your phone needs are because when I really thought about it, my HTC can do everything the nexus 5 can to fit my needs. I have the software the nexus 5 has basically (home launcher and all the apps) and hardware wise, I havent had a problem with my one. at the end of the day the nexus 5 sells at cost and the build quality reflects that when compared to the One. However, to each their own.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think the one thing I'll miss the most about the One is the dual font facing speakers. The speakers of the Nexus 5 not only are mono, but are, apparently, modest in volume. This will be a shame.

Other than that, I think the Nexus 5 matches or beats the One. Unless you care about aluminum phones.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have both right now. I'll miss the speakers on the HTC One and the 64GB. The Nexus is slightly thinner which turns out to be a big deal for me since it's easier for me to one-hand it. The notification LED is much better on the Nexus, that tiny One led is a joke. Software buttons in standard locations is a little deal but makes a difference. And the HTC One was so incredibly slow to charge. I ended up being really careful with battery life since who knew when I'd be able to leave it charging for hours. I'll mention in passing the purple photos.

All in all, I don't see too many advantages of keeping the HTC One over the Nexus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11