Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    sambao21's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

    Default How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    I'm trying to find the setting on how to turn gmail cards on. I'm not sure if it's just on or what but I do not see the setting anymore in Google Now's settings. I only see "Sports teams", "Stocks", "Places", "Everything else" (which only has 4 settings, and gmail not being one of them).

    Does anyone know how to turn this on?

    I'm presuming it's not working because my package tracking cards haven't been showing up.
  2. #2  
    grooks's Avatar

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    I'm trying to find the setting on how to turn gmail cards on. I'm not sure if it's just on or what but I do not see the setting anymore in Google Now's settings. I only see "Sports teams", "Stocks", "Places", "Everything else" (which only has 4 settings, and gmail not being one of them).

    Does anyone know how to turn this on?

    I'm presuming it's not working because my package tracking cards haven't been showing up.
    Within Google Now go to Setting > Google Now (all cards) > Gmail cards then make sure Packages is checked.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    sambao21's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    In my Google now settings, I don't have "Google Now (all cards)" option. Does everyone else?

    It has only Google Now (on and off switch), Phone search, Voice, Accounts & privacy, Notifications, Help & feedback.

    That's all I see.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    You are correct sir. That is all I see it as well. I do not see an option for Gmail.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    I've never had luck with package tracking with Google now. It's found all of my flight info lately but not any package tracking (with my old note 2 running 4.3 and my new nexus).

    So I'm not sure this is a settings issue. Or at least not a gmail setting.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    In my Google now settings, I don't have "Google Now (all cards)" option. Does everyone else?

    It has only Google Now (on and off switch), Phone search, Voice, Accounts & privacy, Notifications, Help & feedback.

    That's all I see.
    The Google Now line is also a link to the settings, just tap it.....

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    According to Google help site all Gmail links aren't working right now with Now

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by prissysox; 11-06-2013 at 08:00 PM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    sambao21's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    The Google Now line is also a link to the settings, just tap it.....

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    It is not a link for me. It is just a ON/OFF switch. Did you tap it and work for you?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    sambao21's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    According to Google help site all Gmail links AR kept working right now with Now

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Can you link to what you're referencing? I'm not sure I understand what "AR" stands for and thus throws off the meaning of your sentence for me.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    I seem to have lost my Amazon package tracking from google now as well
  11. #11  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    Can you link to what you're referencing? I'm not sure I understand what "AR" stands for and thus throws off the meaning of your sentence for me.
    Sorry. Fixed it. Goggle Now isn't currently pulling any notifications from Gmail. The site didn't say why.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  12. #12  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    It is not a link for me. It is just a ON/OFF switch. Did you tap it and work for you?
    I think that only works on the "older" version of Google Now. I have it on my GNex with 4.2.2 but it's not a link in the 4.4 version of Google Now.
  13. #13  
    sideshot's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    at the bottom of Google now click on the icon in the middle looks like a wand not the dots
  14. #14  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    No amazon, but seeing something from thinkgeek now.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    sambao21's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    Sorry. Fixed it. Goggle Now isn't currently pulling any notifications from Gmail. The site didn't say why.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    What site? Can you provide a link?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    sambao21's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by sideshot View Post
    at the bottom of Google now click on the icon in the middle looks like a wand not the dots
    But via that way, there is no option about gmail or any other cards. That's what I wrote in my first post.

    Are you seeing it on your phone?
  17. #17  
    sideshot's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    But via that way, there is no option about gmail or any other cards. That's what I wrote in my first post.

    Are you seeing it on your phone?
    How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?-screenshot_2013-11-07-00-06-48-1-.jpg How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?-screenshot_2013-11-07-00-07-07-1-.jpg
    Thanked by:
    klamer 
  18. #18  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Hmmm I don't have "Continue to get package updates based on your email"
    bummer
  19. #19  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    What site? Can you provide a link?
    https://support.google.com/websearch..._topic=2839478

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app
  20. #20  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    I'm having issues with this too. Does anyone know when they will turn gmail cards back on?

    Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    sambao21's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by sideshot View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-07-00-06-48[1].jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	90521 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-07-00-07-07[1].jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	90522
    I'm like the others, not seeing anything but the weather ones. Not the temperature nor the gmail package option. That's so weird it's any user.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Is it turned off in Kit Kat for the time being?

    Posted via Nexus 7 Android Central App
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    sambao21's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by mamartin89 View Post
    Is it turned off in Kit Kat for the time being?

    Posted via Nexus 7 Android Central App
    I found that I could get more options in the"everything else" category if I tap on the settings in each card and select it. However, that only works if a card shoes up. So until somehow I can get a gmail package to show up, I don't know how to get to those options.
    Thanked by:
    T-Lynn 
  24. #24  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    The new update brought the Gmail cards back.

    Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
  25. #25  

    Default Re: How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    The new update brought the Gmail cards back.

    Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    What update? I'm not getting anything but weather and journey home.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Headphone Volume Too Low On Nexus 5
    By ptm88 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 12:35 PM
  2. Flash does not work on the Nexus 5
    By JeffDenver in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 05:05 PM
  3. Sprint note 3 on boost questions
    By shadricksimms in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 04:06 PM
  4. Moto X to Nexus 5- My likes and dislikes, AMA
    By jbmeicher in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 01:15 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions