Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody else Nexus 5 heating up when playing game or watching videos?

I was playing dead trigger 2 and my nexus 5 was really getting hot. I have a black 32gb. This is my first real day with it.

Default Re: Anybody else Nexus 5 heating up when playing game or watching videos?

Every iPhone I ever had and as of last night the N5 all can get pretty hot when "gaming". Lots of processing power and battery usage going on!

Default Re: Anybody else Nexus 5 heating up when playing game or watching videos?

Mine has got quite warm while charging on my Vu Tylt

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've never met a phone that doesn't get "hot" when you put it through strenuous activities. You're discharging a battery quickly and running an uncooled processor. I'm not sure what is expected to happen.
    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes "ding!" when there's stuff." - The Doctor

Anyone Nexus 5 gets hot when just browsing the net on chrome? Even doing the most simple tasks my nexus will get hot. With the heat issue, horrible life, and low speaker I am going to return it and get another phone.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87 View Post
    Anyone Nexus 5 gets hot when just browsing the net on chrome? Even doing the most simple tasks my nexus will get hot. With the heat issue, horrible life, and low speaker I am going to return it and get another phone.
    I've noticed that too. It gets especially hot during games, but even sometimes browsing/texting will cause the phone to heat up on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87 View Post

I have the same issue.I browse or click some photos it gets heats up too much.am gonna return this...

Quote Originally Posted by dinoop View Post
    I have the same issue.I browse or click some photos it gets heats up too much.am gonna return this...
    Before returning it you should check if you are other apps running in the background. I noticed that after rooting my phone and install greenify. I now noticed that my phone does not get hot anymore when browsing the net (chrome or fast broswer) I believe I had a app that was running in the background while i was browsing and that maybe the reason why it was heating up. I have greenify kill all apps that I am not currently using.

Running the browser should not heat up your phone that is a sign that another app is running in the background.

Posted via Android Central App