Any way to hide app icons?

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so I'm coming from a gs3 to a nexus 5. On my gs3 I use Nova Launcher prime. One of my favorite things about nova launcher is the ability to hide app icons from the app drawer but keep them on the home screen in my folders. So here's my dilemma then, I want to use the Google Experience launcher on my Nexus 5 instead of nova launcher but can't seem to find any way of hiding redundant app icons. Does anyone know of a way to hide app icons either natively in android or an app that will accomplish this the way nova launcher does? I have found apps that can hide app icons but they seem to hide it all across the board. I'm looking to hide them from the app drawer but leave them on the home screen. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so I'm coming from a gs3 to a nexus 5. On my gs3 I use Nova Launcher prime. One of my favorite things about nova launcher is the ability to hide app icons from the app drawer but keep them on the home screen in my folders. So here's my dilemma then, I want to use the Google Experience launcher on my Nexus 5 instead of nova launcher but can't seem to find any way of hiding redundant app icons. Does anyone know of a way to hide app icons either natively in android or an app that will accomplish this the way nova launcher does? I have found apps that can hide app icons but they seem to hide it all across the board. I'm looking to hide them from the app drawer but leave them on the home screen. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Just guessing, but is there a 3 dot icon in one of the corners to bring up settings?

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Can you create a folder and stuff unwanted icons in there?

I don't have an N5 yet, so I am just talking out of my rear at the moment.

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply guys. There are no 3 dots option in the app drawer. Making a folder and putting the junk icons there doesn't remove it from the app drawer unfortunately.

cornelious1212

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

Were you able to find a way to do this? I do the same as you, hide icons in the drawer for apps that are on my homescreen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781