Yes /no

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little scared reading all the problems , bad speaker,WiFi issues, clicking screens, hurting hands, wobbly buttons, so so battery just to mention a few . I realize its the nature of the beast when reading forums but I'm still dubious about moving from my 4s as much as I'd like to . oh what to do .
Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little scared reading all the problems , bad speaker,WiFi issues, clicking screens, hurting hands, wobbly buttons, so so battery just to mention a few . I realize its the nature of the beast when reading forums but I'm still dubious about moving from my 4s as much as I'd like to . oh what to do .
Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

If I were you, I would get it and not worry about it. How often have you bought a car and went to the company's web forum and said 'Nothing is wrong. Just wanted to say that.'? :p

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I knew there would be some bugs when buying in early. No different than many other devices. What's important is co-workers and others coming up to me this week and saying "ooh, you got the Nexus 5? You're awesome!" :-D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
If I were you, I would get it and not worry about it. How often have you bought a car and went to the company's web forum and said 'Nothing is wrong. Just wanted to say that.'? :p

Agreed. I haven't had a single problem with mine. Could battery life be better? Sure, but I'm near a charger usually anyway. I don't regret my decision for even a second.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
No problems here either. I've even been pleasantly surprised by battery life. I'm not sure if there's a small restocking fee for returns or not, but you could always just buy it, try it, and return it if you encounter issues. My guess is you'll enjoy the device once you have it tho.

Posted from my N5 via the Android Central App

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The speaker imo sounds great.

The WiFI I'm not too sure about yet. It seemed weaker while I was at home but while at work it actually seems stronger than any phone I've had. Then again the WiFi here at work is random and sporadic so maybe I just caught it on a good day.

Not sure what clicking screens are but mine is fine.

This thing doesn't hurt my hand but I have a feeling it might make a difference depending on the size of your hands. Thing is very nice and imo the best device I've held in terms of feel. I LOVE the back of this thing.

Buttons are a little wobbly but nothing I'd notice if you hadn't brought it up.

The battery is the only issue that I think could be a problem for some. I'm near a charger all the time though so I'm not too worried about it.

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure it will be fine ( nature of forums ) I want one no doubt as long as battery is comparable to my 4s. But still luck of the draw rather than better quality control.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little scared reading all the problems
Ok. Lets go over them.

bad speaker
My speaker has been working as intended. I have not had any issues. it sounds better than my Nexus 4's.

WiFi issues
Wifi performance is also better than my Nexus 4. Ars Technica just did a review, and in the wifi benchmarks the nexus 5 is beating the iPhone 5S by a pretty wide margin.

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Nexus-5-review.0161.png

clicking screens
Have not heard that one. Nothing is clicking on mine.

They might mean the "tap" feedback when you activate something...but that is just a sound effect. You can turn that off.

hurting hands
LOL...Mine feels very good.

wobbly buttons
I know there are people who swear this is a huge issue. On the unit I got, I do not see this.

so so battery
Battery life is slightly better than the Nexus 4. Not as good as the iPhone overall. But like the Nexus 4, it holds a charge very well. if I have it at 80% and turn the screen off for a day, it will be at 80% the next day.

This is the best new user experience I have had on any phone so far. Everything worked out of the box for me.