HOW do i return the nexus 5 and get a full refund?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So both my brothers have iphone 3g, both their phones are messed up so i thought i'd do something nice and buy them both nexus 5 phones. Turns out they both think it's too expensive and i should have not wasted my money and they want me to return the nexus and get a refund. Question is how do i do that? On amazon, it's extremely easily to print out return forms but google is so hard. There used a be a contact email for google support but now i don't see it anywhere.

How do i return and get a full refund on both the nexus 5? Also is it like amazon, meaning that they will have a prepaid shipping label or do i have to pay for the return shipping? DOES google also charge a restocking fee? Both the nexus 5 boxes have not been opened at all so it's still brand new, would i get a full refund? thanks in advance!

timGSU

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
So both my brothers have iphone 3g, both their phones are messed up so i thought i'd do something nice and buy them both nexus 5 phones. Turns out they both think it's too expensive and i should have not wasted my money and they want me to return the nexus and get a refund. Question is how do i do that? On amazon, it's extremely easily to print out return forms but google is so hard. There used a be a contact email for google support but now i don't see it anywhere.

How do i return and get a full refund on both the nexus 5? Also is it like amazon, meaning that they will have a prepaid shipping label or do i have to pay for the return shipping? DOES google also charge a restocking fee? Both the nexus 5 boxes have not been opened at all so it's still brand new, would i get a full refund? thanks in advance!

- play.google.com, gear icon, HELP then search for "return" and it should be the first link
- You will get a refund minus shipping costs ($9.99) and you are required to ship back the device on your dime.

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
- play.google.com, gear icon, HELP then search for "return" and it should be the first link
- You will get a refund minus shipping costs ($9.99) and you are required to ship back the device on your dime.
9.99 shipping cost? what's that for? if i ship it back using my own shipping services (ups priority mail which cost 5.50) why would they charge me 9.99 wtf

i would have to pay 9.99 plus 5.50 for my own shipping?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
9.99 shipping cost? what's that for? if i ship it back using my own shipping services (ups priority mail which cost 5.50) why would they charge me 9.99 wtf

They charged you $10 to ship the phones to you the first time. They don't charge it a second time.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Contact google support. Once you get approved for a return you will get the same type email with shipping label etc. They will usually waive the fee if you can give them a reason why you are return other than you just do not want it.

Sent from my Moto X!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You can probably sell them both on eBay for more than you paid. Do it now, while they are still unavailable from the Play Store. :)

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If one of them is a 32GB in black I'll buy one off you.

Posted via Android Central App
one of them is a 32 gig black....i'll make a swappa listing soon and post it here if u want. but really though, charge me 10$ and i still have to pay shipping....they probably have restock fee too man google just makes things so hard, just like how they ****ed up the play store and youtube. damn google

firstBB17

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
one of them is a 32 gig black....i'll make a swappa listing soon and post it here if u want. but really though, charge me 10$ and i still have to pay shipping....they probably have restock fee too man google just makes things so hard, just like how they ****ed up the play store and youtube. damn google

Thanks. I ordered one a few days ago and the estimated ship date is the 26th and I really don't want to wait that long.

Posted via Android Central App

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I got a 32GB Black and was also thinking about returning it, I am going to stick with my current phone for now.

Thanks for the info.

JonK

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sell em on ebay for profit :). Or sell them to another fellow on these forums who is waiting for the to come back in stock. Lots of trust involved with that though.

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
but really though, charge me 10$ and i still have to pay shipping....they probably have restock fee too man google just makes things so hard, just like how they ****ed up the play store and youtube. damn google

Do you ever step outside in the real world, kid?

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
When I returned my N4 earlier this year I got the full amount back. I just told them the truth and said it did not live up to my expectations. It was no faster than my one x and the screen resolution not as good either.

Sent from my One X using AC Forums mobile app

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Do you ever step outside in the real world, kid?

nice post assh.ole and Yes i've paid for return shipping and restocking fees before, that was newegg and other companies. On the other hand, i also use amazon, and their return policy is painless and doesn't not cost me dime, no restocking fee or return shipment fee. This is the reason why i asked, i just wanted to know what google's policies are since i've only shopped once before with google but never returned anything. They did not say whether they charge a restocking fee so that's why i wanna know. No need to be a di.ck about it, but can't help the way you are raised i guess

AKA SIR

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a white 32 GB Nexus 5 I am probably going to return as well. Is there a restocking fee? I tried eBay but their 10% cut and Paypals 3% cut mean you need to sell it for $60 or so more than what you paid to break even, so it makes more sense to send it back to Google.
I registered on this site to sell it here but I dont meet the 30 day and 50 post minimum rule. I have a black aftermarket (not Google's) bumper case for it too which fits perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss