Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question HOW do i return the nexus 5 and get a full refund?

So both my brothers have iphone 3g, both their phones are messed up so i thought i'd do something nice and buy them both nexus 5 phones. Turns out they both think it's too expensive and i should have not wasted my money and they want me to return the nexus and get a refund. Question is how do i do that? On amazon, it's extremely easily to print out return forms but google is so hard. There used a be a contact email for google support but now i don't see it anywhere.

How do i return and get a full refund on both the nexus 5? Also is it like amazon, meaning that they will have a prepaid shipping label or do i have to pay for the return shipping? DOES google also charge a restocking fee? Both the nexus 5 boxes have not been opened at all so it's still brand new, would i get a full refund? thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

Default Re: HOW do i return the nexus 5 and get a full refund?

Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    So both my brothers have iphone 3g, both their phones are messed up so i thought i'd do something nice and buy them both nexus 5 phones. Turns out they both think it's too expensive and i should have not wasted my money and they want me to return the nexus and get a refund. Question is how do i do that? On amazon, it's extremely easily to print out return forms but google is so hard. There used a be a contact email for google support but now i don't see it anywhere.

How do i return and get a full refund on both the nexus 5? Also is it like amazon, meaning that they will have a prepaid shipping label or do i have to pay for the return shipping? DOES google also charge a restocking fee? Both the nexus 5 boxes have not been opened at all so it's still brand new, would i get a full refund? thanks in advance!
    - play.google.com, gear icon, HELP then search for "return" and it should be the first link
    - You will get a refund minus shipping costs ($9.99) and you are required to ship back the device on your dime.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    - play.google.com, gear icon, HELP then search for "return" and it should be the first link
    - You will get a refund minus shipping costs ($9.99) and you are required to ship back the device on your dime.
    9.99 shipping cost? what's that for? if i ship it back using my own shipping services (ups priority mail which cost 5.50) why would they charge me 9.99 wtf

i would have to pay 9.99 plus 5.50 for my own shipping?

9.99 shipping cost? what's that for? if i ship it back using my own shipping services (ups priority mail which cost 5.50) why would they charge me 9.99 wtf
    They charged you $10 to ship the phones to you the first time. They don't charge it a second time.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Isn't there a 15 percent restocking fee in addition to shipping?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

He's talking about the initial cost to ship the device to you.

Contact google support. Once you get approved for a return you will get the same type email with shipping label etc. They will usually waive the fee if you can give them a reason why you are return other than you just do not want it.

Sent from my Moto X!
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Thanked by:
    jdbii 

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

If one of them is a 32GB in black I'll buy one off you.

You can probably sell them both on eBay for more than you paid. Do it now, while they are still unavailable from the Play Store.
    somdave2005 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by firstBB17 View Post
    If one of them is a 32GB in black I'll buy one off you.

one of them is a 32 gig black....i'll make a swappa listing soon and post it here if u want. but really though, charge me 10$ and i still have to pay shipping....they probably have restock fee too man google just makes things so hard, just like how they ****ed up the play store and youtube. damn google

"Google will issue a refund in your Google Wallet account for the amount paid for the device, less and shipping and handling charges, within a reasonable time after Google receives the device."

If you expect Google to absorb any costs associated with a device you simply do not want you are being totally unreasonable.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Thanked by 2:
    jdbii likes this.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

one of them is a 32 gig black....i'll make a swappa listing soon and post it here if u want. but really though, charge me 10$ and i still have to pay shipping....they probably have restock fee too man google just makes things so hard, just like how they ****ed up the play store and youtube. damn google
    Thanks. I ordered one a few days ago and the estimated ship date is the 26th and I really don't want to wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    You can probably sell them both on eBay for more than you paid. Do it now, while they are still unavailable from the Play Store.
    I just looked and Ebay is selling them for $50 to $100 profit each.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Is the warranty still valid for eBay and Swappa buyers?

I got a 32GB Black and was also thinking about returning it, I am going to stick with my current phone for now.

Thanks for the info.
    Blackberry Storm 1> Blackberry Storm 2> Samsung Mesmerize>Motorola Electrify>AT&T SG3>AT&T SG4> AT&T Optimus G Pro>AT&T LG G2

Sell em on ebay for profit . Or sell them to another fellow on these forums who is waiting for the to come back in stock. Lots of trust involved with that though.
    Last edited by JonK; 11-07-2013 at 05:09 PM.

but really though, charge me 10$ and i still have to pay shipping....they probably have restock fee too man google just makes things so hard, just like how they ****ed up the play store and youtube. damn google
    Do you ever step outside in the real world, kid?

When I returned my N4 earlier this year I got the full amount back. I just told them the truth and said it did not live up to my expectations. It was no faster than my one x and the screen resolution not as good either.

Sent from my One X using AC Forums mobile app
    jdbii likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Do you ever step outside in the real world, kid?
    nice post assh.ole and Yes i've paid for return shipping and restocking fees before, that was newegg and other companies. On the other hand, i also use amazon, and their return policy is painless and doesn't not cost me dime, no restocking fee or return shipment fee. This is the reason why i asked, i just wanted to know what google's policies are since i've only shopped once before with google but never returned anything. They did not say whether they charge a restocking fee so that's why i wanna know. No need to be a di.ck about it, but can't help the way you are raised i guess
    Thanked by 2:
    consequence7 likes this.

I have a white 32 GB Nexus 5 I am probably going to return as well. Is there a restocking fee? I tried eBay but their 10% cut and Paypals 3% cut mean you need to sell it for $60 or so more than what you paid to break even, so it makes more sense to send it back to Google.
    I registered on this site to sell it here but I dont meet the 30 day and 50 post minimum rule. I have a black aftermarket (not Google's) bumper case for it too which fits perfect.

ROM
    2.2.1 (Stock)

No, there is no restocking fee. I just returned my white Nexus 5 because I could not stand looking at the white speaker grill one more day and that's exactly what I told them as the reason for me returning it. Now I just have to wait 2-3 weeks for the black to ship, but I'm completely OK with that as long as I don't have to see that white speaker grill again. I have no idea what the hell they were thinking when they designed it. LOVE the back plate, sexy as hell, but they should have either made the entire front white or left it all black.

First of all your brothers are d**ks for making you go through all the trouble of returning the Nexuses after trying to do something nice for them.

Secondly, the Nexus 5 is by far the cheapest quality phone around.

Sorry to be blunt. I'd just be pretty pissed off if I were you.

Also, warranty is to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER ONLY!

Beware of what you buy online from any source other than official ones.

I have two black 32GB if anyone is interested. It cost me $440 to get them to me, and I'd sell them for cost + shipping. PM me if interested.

I'm in Southern California.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_CS View Post
    Also, warranty is to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER ONLY!

Beware of what you buy online from any source other than official ones.
    Are you sure?

@T-Mobile GN3
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast