My Nexus 5 was stolen by UPS

corgi1

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
OP - what phone are you planning on using in the meantime?

My son got a Moto X for his birthday in September, so I am using his old Samsung Eternity II feature phone right now. At least I can make calls and do some texting. It is very odd, I have not been without a smartphone for several years. Feels like a part of me is missing. :-(

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
My son got a Moto X for his birthday in September, so I am using his old Samsung Eternity II feature phone right now. At least I can make calls and do some texting. It is very odd, I have not been without a smartphone for several years. Feels like a part of me is missing. :-(

nice. at least you have a backup to use! good luck with getting the new Nexus 5. you will appreciate it that much more when you get it!

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
As someone who used to work for UPS, they usually don't ask for a signature unless you have specified that you want to sign for it. Also, there are delivery settings you can manage on their website: https://wwwapps.ups.com/mcdp?loc=en_US

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

seems the sender would require signatures... I have to sign when I order thru Verizon and its Fed Ex

I'm sorry OP, that must be a horrid feeling!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Do not borrow the Moto X...you may not want the Nexus 5 after using the Moto X...lol! I am using my Nexus 5 now but really missing touchless control and active notifications...but I committed to 2 weeks with the Nexus 5 as my daily driver.

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
re signatures - a couple of years ago my brother and I both ordered tablets from the same site. We live in the same country, different zip codes but nice areas about 6 miles apart. UPS just dropped his off no questions asked and mine was sig required. And it was marked that way when I was tracking online, so it's not that the driver chose to require it

corgi1

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Do not borrow the Moto X...you may not want the Nexus 5 after using the Moto X...lol! I am using my Nexus 5 now but really missing touchless control and active notifications...but I committed to 2 weeks with the Nexus 5 as my daily driver.

Yeah, the Moto X is really a nice phone, my son loves it. Only thing stopping me from getting the Moto X is that I really want Kit Kat and the ability to get future Android updates as soon as they are released.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the Moto X is really a nice phone, my son loves it. Only thing stopping me from getting the Moto X is that I really want Kit Kat and the ability to get future Android updates as soon as they are released.

The Moto X is getting kitkat though, I'm pretty sure. And probably future updates.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

robertjm

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
re signatures - a couple of years ago my brother and I both ordered tablets from the same site. We live in the same country, different zip codes but nice areas about 6 miles apart. UPS just dropped his off no questions asked and mine was sig required. And it was marked that way when I was tracking online, so it's not that the driver chose to require it

In that case the vendor chose your's to be signature required. But, as you pointed out, your brother's wasn't so, which is up to the driver whether he wants to leave it or not.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually surprised that Google doesn't use Adult Signature Required, as some other places do.

It's probably just cheaper to insure the devices to pay for signature confirmation for every device. I'm sure Google's business account covers losses so the extra money for signature is probably not worth it when compared to the number that actually need a claim filed.

Posted via Android Central App

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
That really sucks man. When I had my iPhone 4s delivered to me release day some low-life from FedEx stole it. I got a replacement, but I was left without a phone for 2 weeks while Apple scrambled to get a new one out to me. For the time being, I would pick up a really cheap phone to use. I have an old backup Motorola phone somewhere just in case my phone decides to die. Did the shipping information show the weight of the package at different UPS facilities? That should have tipped somebody off immediately with the weight difference.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That really sucks man. When I had my iPhone 4s delivered to me release day some low-life from FedEx stole it. I got a replacement, but I was left without a phone for 2 weeks while Apple scrambled to get a new one out to me. For the time being, I would pick up a really cheap phone to use. I have an old backup Motorola phone somewhere just in case my phone decides to die. Did the shipping information show the weight of the package at different UPS facilities? That should have tipped somebody off immediately with the weight difference.

This ^^^

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

dtwineham

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear about that. I'm always afraid of having to deal with that situation, even if the vendor is totally cool in making me whole.

Do you think it was the delivery driver, some anonymous person in UPS along the way, or a (as you said) general UPS modus operandi to not punish and therfore encourage this behavior among their employees? And what part of the world do you live in? If I live near there I'll consider asking shippers not to use UPS.

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Ordered a Nexus 5 on Oct 31st and tracking showed it was out for delivery yesterday. Could not wait to get it! At 6:15 pm there was a knock on the door and when I opened the door I saw the UPS driver walking back to his truck. I picked up the package and called "thank you" to the driver. Once inside I opened the brown shipping box and removed the inside retail Nexus 5 box. The retail box appeared to have some damage. The blue outer sleeve was torn back on one end and the end flaps of the inner white box were also torn. Inside the box was the documentation, wall charger, USB cord, and SIM removal tool, but the Nexus 5 phone was missing! I looked back at the brown outer shipping box and then could see that someone had torn the end flap on it as well. Once they had removed the Nexus 5 phone they used packing tape to seal the shipping box and that is how it was delivered to me....

I feel your pain now. My Nexus 5 too, has been taken by some USPS a$$hat. It was scanned out of one depot and was never scanned in anywhere! USPS now says that they have no way of finding my package until someone scans it in *like thats about to happen*. Looks like there is a easy way for people to get free good in our US Postal system......its insured but i want my phone :mad:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain now. My Nexus 5 too, has been taken by some USPS a$$hat. It was scanned out of one depot and was never scanned in anywhere! USPS now says that they have no way of finding my package until someone scans it in *like thats about to happen*. Looks like there is a easy way for people to get free good in our US Postal system......its insured but i want my phone :mad:

And USPS is terrible with real time knowing of where a package is. May I ask how long ago was it last scanned? If it was a long time then I'd be concerned but a day or 2 maybe not because they are pretty bad with the real time updates. For instance, I shipped a few packages a few weeks ago and got frequent scans and when it was out for delivery. Another package however had 2 scanes.... one for acceptance and the second for delivered. No "processed as sort facility" scan. Of course I got worried because I didn't see an update for like 2 days but it worked find. But again, I really dislike their customer service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair