Should I take NEXUS 5 or G2 or Z1?

acerer

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5 and just got my wife the G2 from sprint. Honestly, speed is the same but battery life is a huge factor. The G2 lasts so much longer that you don't have to think about it. I unfortunately do envy her phone.

However, my T-Mobile lte blows by her sprint service

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

captf0r3st

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
OK, my choices has shrunk to G2 or Z1, thanks for opinions...finally i have to make a decision because I am tired of this already :D

PS: nexus 5 is a quite expensive here ( i am from czech republic). The price of 16 gb version ( 32 gb is not available here and probably wont be :/ ) is almost the same as price of Lg G2 16 gb ( 32 gb is not available too :D ) If i buy 32 gb G2 from US ebay seller, the price is same as nexus 5 16 gb here in czech rep.

Last edited:

DaMaDo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Nexus 4 for a year now and I ordered the Nexus 5, but after reading that the battery life is still about the same, I cancelled that order and I bought a new unlocked G2 for $70 more.

I REALLY wanted kitkat and I loved all the updates and the lack of bloatware on the N4, but for my personal use, the N4 just didn't have the battery life I needed. If battery life in the N4 was fine for me, I would have definitely gone with the N5.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Aren't the G2 and Z1 both still on 4.2? I know both have promises of 4.4 update, but how quickly remains to be seen.

Posted via Android Central App

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of getting a new phone, but I can not decide which one of these three. There is something about each of them what I like. I know it is up to me but I would like to hear opinions from experts here.
Nexus 5: I have never owned a nexus device so dont know if pure android is really that so much better then customized ui from other manufacturers. But what I like is ease of mod the device without problems, great support on xda, and fast updates
Z1: Best looking smartphone, great design, and water/dust resistance but the viewing angles of the display are not so great from what I saw in store. The bigger size is not such an issue for me.
G2: probably the best display I've ever seen on smartphone, great form factor, big screen
So what do you think is the wisest choice out of these three? thanks for opinions guys.

While I love my Nexus 5, the main reason I bought it was I love the idea of a relatively cheap totally unlocked phone.

If that's not important to you, and you don't need the newest update from Google, the other phones are actually more attractive. The water/dust proofing of the sony or the bigger battery and camera on the G2 would call for me.

If the Nexus weren't as cheap, I don't think I would have bought it.

nb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2