Yes, apparently ART has a noticeable (positive) affect in battery life

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried ART briefly and it seemed to kill my battery. I went back to DAVLIK. Maybe I should give a try again.

I think you should. Cause when I first switched to it it seemed to kill the battery a little bit more too. But now that I fully charged my phone, it seems to be doing maybe a little better. I'd say give it at least a full cycle to make a decision.

Posted via Android Central App

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I am a pretty heavy user, and I am pretty brutal on my display. I have it at 100% all the time during the day. So 19+ hours for me is pretty Damn good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I am a pretty heavy user, and I am pretty brutal on my display. I have it at 100% all the time during the day. So 19+ hours for me is pretty Damn good.

How about screen on time, please?!

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, screen on time would be really useful! I get two weeks on my old Nexus 7, but check out the screentime :-D That's the important part.

Sent from Tapatalk 4 on my HTC One

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384116519512.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384116519512.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 112
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384116576042.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384116576042.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 111

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
For me? Significantly better. I was getting about half that before.

Mine too. I tried to run down the battery last night after switching to ART earlier in the day. After 4 hours of screen on time and still some 13% battery left, I finally gave up and went to sleep.

Last edited:

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I got what you meant man. I think it was pretty self explanatory too, but you could have still could have mentioned good or bad in there. Lol

How is that self evident? I could post a screenshot of 3 days of battery life and it doesn't mean a thing without showing screen on time and time on WiFi at a bare minimum. All this shows is the phone appeared to be idle for a good length of time and the op didn't use any particular apps very much.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
How is that self evident? I could post a screenshot of 3 days of battery life and it doesn't mean a thing without showing screen on time and time on WiFi at a bare minimum. All this shows is the phone appeared to be idle for a good length of time and the op didn't use any particular apps very much.

To me personally it was self evident since I've been reading a lot about the battery life and ART. And one of the main discussions about ART is that it'll help your battery life, not hurt it. So since his description said it actually does affect battery life, I assumed it was for the better, that's all. But like I said, he could have stated good or bad.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
To me personally it was self evident since I've been reading a lot about the battery life and ART. And one of the main discussions about ART is that it'll help your battery life, not hurt it. So since his description said it actually does affect battery life, I assumed it was for the better, that's all. But like I said, he could have stated good or bad.

The way people talk about battery life on forums is a pet leave of mine so I didn't mean to take it out on you and if I did my bad.

You get a lot of people who show 30+ hours and act like that is what people should expect and then when you push them they show they're on WiFi 90% of the time and their screen on time is 30 minutes and they never use GPS.

Last edited:

Amir47

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Just got my N5 today so not at all familiar with ART. Aside from it's the replacement for dalvik I don't know anything about it.

dacunto

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
It improved my battery time greatly. I was going to open a new thread and talk about it before I saw this one.

It Is actually significant change for the positive. I was having to charge my battery at least once in the middle of the day. Since I made the switch to ART I am making about 18 hrs +. I am looking forward to this being implemented full time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz