Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Default Yes, apparently ART has a noticeable (positive) affect in battery life

This is my phone with ART enabled.

Yes, apparently ART has a noticeable (positive) affect in battery life-png.jpg

Default re: Yes, apparently ART has a noticeable (positive) affect in battery life

What is art?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Default re: Yes, apparently ART has a noticeable (positive) affect in battery life

And storage space as in uses more.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by SeeAreEff View Post
    What is art?

Five minutes on ART — the new Android runtime | Android Central

sorry op but does that screenshot mean battery life is better with ART or worse?
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

twitter.com/indianajonze
    Thanked by 2:

Screen on time? So are you saying ART improved battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    sorry op but does that screenshot mean battery life is better with ART or worse?
    This and how much on screen time?
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Speed wise art doesn't really add anything but I agree with the op regarding battery, its made a big difference

Posted via Android Central App

Again, big difference good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Again, big difference good or bad?
    Wondering this myself. Good or bad?

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

WTF does this screen shot even mean? Is ART good or bad? OP nobody knows what you had before to compare so this screenshot tells us nothing

Smallest information/length ratio of any thread posted here ever.

Guys, you have to say whether art improved battery life or made it worse.

OP fails to deliver what is this reddit?

sent from my MOTO X using the android central app | Adv Repair Agent-geek squad
    PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7

He means better.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    For me? Significantly better. I was getting about half that before.
    Thanked by 2:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM

I thought it was self evident that this was good. Over 19 hours with over 50% display time and still 20% left.
    cj100570 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

That doesn't mean 50% display time, it just means the display is using 50% of the battery. Tap on the screen block and it will tell you the time of screen on. That's what everyone wants to know, including me.

Like this:

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    I thought it was self evident that this was good. Over 19 hours with over 50% display time and still 20% left.
    I got what you meant man. I think it was pretty self explanatory too, but you could have still could have mentioned good or bad in there. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    I figured that's what you meant but different users get different amount of time. I could probably easily get that with a rooted Nexus 5 running greenify so it's just good to know if you see an improvement over Dalvik. Thanks for the info.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

I tried ART briefly and it seemed to kill my battery. I went back to DAVLIK. Maybe I should give a try again.

Quote Originally Posted by ssgmun5000 View Post
    I tried ART briefly and it seemed to kill my battery. I went back to DAVLIK. Maybe I should give a try again.
    I think you should. Cause when I first switched to it it seemed to kill the battery a little bit more too. But now that I fully charged my phone, it seems to be doing maybe a little better. I'd say give it at least a full cycle to make a decision.

Anyone finding any apps that force close using ART?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM

I am a pretty heavy user, and I am pretty brutal on my display. I have it at 100% all the time during the day. So 19+ hours for me is pretty Damn good.

jephanie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    Anyone finding any apps that force close using ART?
    Haven't had any fc yet. Have you?

Whatsapp fc-d

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast