LG G2's Display vs Nexus 5's Display... Need some feedback...

MLdroidN4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using G2 for the past few days and I'm totally satisfied with it. Love the display on the G2, big bright and vivid. LG's UI isn't bad either, except the notification menu. So far I've found no flaws in my G2.
I used Nexus 4 before and really liked that phone except the display, the colors were washed out and not as vivid as other displays. I'm wondering is the Nexus 5's display quality better than the G2? Since they both have the same exact display except the minor difference in ppi.
Is the Nexus 5's display as bold and vivid as the G2's? It's really hard to find out by looking at the comparison pictures and videos online. I'd appreciate some feedback from somebody who has used both the phones in real life and give their opinions solely based on the display quality, which one has a better quality? I like the output to be bolder and vivid.

Thanks.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The G2 is better side by side. The 5 is great if you don't have another phone with you to compare, but side by side I can tell.

That being said, I hate the g2 buttons and don't like manufacturer skins. The nexus is as good as it gets for software and that would be my deciding factor. The screen isn't less good enough to put up with cheap plastic, bad button placement, and bad software

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Both screens are extremely close. It's hard to tell any difference when I hold both phones at the same time. However, for some reason things just seem slightly brighter/clearer on the G2...ever so slightly. It's not enough to really ever notice though, in my opinion. It might also have to do with the G2 having the bigger screen.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
To my eyes the g2 screen is significantly better. I said in another thread that on the g2 the colors pop and the whites are super white. The whites on the 5 are a yellowish tint that drives me nuts. I can tell all the time but my boyfriend couldn't tell until I held them side by side. So it probably has to do with your eyes and what you prefer

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

MLdroidN4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I know and understand this topic is also a little subjective, as to some prefer more natural-looking color scheme and to some that might seem washed out and dull.
But I just wanted to know if there is any significant difference, if any, between the two when held side by side.

ssgmun5000

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the white's have yellowish tint. I saw that when I was comparing the display right next to my N4. It is also looks really washed out at certain angles. Besides resolution and crispness I would say the screen on the N4 is better. From what I have read the G2 has one of the best if not the best screens of any smartphone right now. I know someone that I work with that has a G2...I'll do more side by side comparisons.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084