View Poll Results: Do you regret getting the White N5?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 15.73%
  • No

63 70.79%
  • I can't decide!

12 13.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you regret getting a White N5?

Just curious...

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Do you regret getting a White N5?

White is beautiful. ...when its clean.
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Not yet. I keep it in a case when I'm at work so it doesn't get dirty.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xstinkyx View Post
    Just curious...
    I have returned mine and am awaiting a black one.

I bought the white originally as I always go for black and thought I would try something a little different.
    Something that I hadn't banked on was the difference in materials and the in-hand feel of the device.

It has a glossy plastic bezel/surround that IMO feels very cheap. It picked up fingerprints like mad and in the week I had it, even a scratch or two.
    Hard plastic back gives a cheaper feel to the whole device and is nothing like the soft-touch feel of my N7.

I was playing with the black device in-store, a week after getting the white and that was the clincher.
    I recommend that anyone undecided has a play with them both first.
    Last edited by tommymonk; 11-11-2013 at 07:07 AM.

I can tell you the black is just as bad, if not worse, when it comes to fingerprints. It's all a matter if personal preference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

I like the white... No marks on it yet and I won't have a case for it until next week...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

No, like my white. Though curious to hold black one since it has different material.

ROM
    JellyBean! Franco Kernel

I like my white one, but I keep having dreams that it gets dirty, probably bad when you're dreaming about your phone lol
    festinator likes this.

Global Posts
    1,016 Global Posts

No. But it has a Spigen case on it.

Nope and like the above poster I have a Spigen case on the way (white Slim Armor)

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Nope - Not at all.

I also have a case on mine, so the only thing that's different is the earpiece. And while it may look slightly odd, it really helps me determine the orientation of the phone when I'm trying to swipe to shut off my alarm clock. The white dot makes things a lot easier when I'm bleary-eyed...

I still like it =\
    Thanked by:
    jdot104 and Dennis Gibson like this.

I'm really interested in this, because I can't decide between the two.
    My only "problem" is that I'll probably put a case on my Nexus 5 (black or white, it doesn't depend), so why should I choose the black one over the white one and wait something like 4-5 weeks?
    chirag05 likes this.

not one bit best phone i ever had
    Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Nexus all the way..

No, no regrets.

That, however, is because I bought black. I hate white phones. Absolutely, positively, hate them and would never give more than a split-second's consideration to actually owning one.
    nldr likes this.

Yes I do, because I have really small hands and the device feels slippery. Is it true that the black version has better grip?
    nldr likes this.

Nope as I like to be different. Also has a spigen neo hybrid case on the phone.

No. I don't notice fingerprints on it and I'm putting a soft case on it anyway. And if I want different colors they show up brighter over white.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    raichur0xx0rz likes this.

so spiffy getting looks from people, nope!

I'm not one that cares about phone colors that much. I got white for two reasons. One is that it was the first available and second is that most of the rest of my phones are black now, so I got a different color so that I could tell them apart more easily.

I should have stuck with black, as all of my previous Nexus devices were black and I kept them in red cases. That way, I always knew which phone was the Nexus. Now, I have to retrain my eyes because a white phone makes the red case look different than it did with the black phones. Most importantly, the white earpiece is ugly to me. I had hoped that someone would tell me that it was protective plastic that I could remove but alas, that is not the case.

I think the white ear piece/speaker only looks strange because compared to the white icons just below it on the screen it is not as bright white. If it were it would look a lot better. As it is I don't notice it that much.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts

I haven't used a white, so I literally have no value in what I'm saying (lol), but I was immediately turned off on the white as soon as they announced it was "hardcore", glossy plastic on the sides. The black just feels so nice with the soft-touch wrapping around the sides. But a N5 is a N5 at the end of the day...

i got my white 32g nexus 5 last wednesday. when i took it out of the box i knew immediately i wished i had got the black version. especially after reading reports that the two phones were made of different materials. i was pretty disappointed that the white wasn't a matte finish. but, no worries, by thursday i had my white nexus 5 on craiglist to trade for a black nexus 5 and by thursday evening the trade was completed. that day and a half i was having regret. it's amazing what a black matte finish will do to your mood.
    16gig Unlocked Nexus 4- T-Mobile- Rooted

8gig Nexus 7- Stock
    bernhard65 likes this.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

I haven't had the black to compare but I love the white. The front looks the same barring the ear piece and the back looks crisp and clean, loving the feel of it too and will be upset when the case arrives!
    I am back HOME on the epic Nexus 5!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmcincubus View Post
    i got my white 32g nexus 5 last wednesday. when i took it out of the box i knew immediately i wished i had got the black version. especially after reading reports that the two phones were made of different materials. i was pretty disappointed that the white wasn't a matte finish. but, no worries, by thursday i had my white nexus 5 on craiglist to trade for a black nexus 5 and by thursday evening the trade was completed. that day and a half i was having regret. it's amazing what a black matte finish will do to your mood.
    Couldn't you just have sent it back to Google for a refund? Where I live, I believe this is possible and I'm thinking about doing just that and getting a black one instead
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast