Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 battery temperatures

What temperatures are your Nexus 5 batteries at?

Mine is usually in the high 20's Celsius when the device is idle. Usually around the 27-29 C mark. It goes up to mid-30's when playing games. I just received my phone today and when I returned to it after setting it down for 20 minutes, the device felt unusually hot/warm. I rebooted and it was fine and it's been at that comfortable 27-29 C mark, so just wondering what everyone else is experiencing.

I'll be using wireless charging and I hear that gets the device pretty hot, so I just want to be sure I don't have a defective battery or anything...

This free app helps you find out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cropinch.pearl

Default Re: Nexus 5 battery temperatures

Mine is the same, and my Galaxy Nexus was, too.

Sounds about right

@T-Mobile GN3
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3/ZTE OPEN C
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510/GTS 8.4

Quote Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
    What temperatures are your Nexus 5 batteries at?

Mine is usually in the high 20's Celsius when the device is idle. Usually around the 27-29 C mark. It goes up to mid-30's when playing games. I just received my phone today and when I returned to it after setting it down for 20 minutes, the device felt unusually hot/warm. I rebooted and it was fine and it's been at that comfortable 27-29 C mark, so just wondering what everyone else is experiencing.

I'll be using wireless charging and I hear that gets the device pretty hot, so I just want to be sure I don't have a defective battery or anything...

This free app helps you find out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cropinch.pearl
    Ummm... 29 deg Celsius is only 84.2 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on where you are located, that is barely room temperature.

FWIW, you can also get battery temperature (and many other details) by opening the Phone app and dialing *#*#4636#*#*

Your N5's battery temperatur is totally normal

... but erhaps it would be more convenient for you always to see the temperature.
    The app 'Battery Monitor Widget' can show you the battery temperature on your phone's notification bar.
    And the app automatically logs temperature, %-capacity, cells voltage and charging/discharging amperage ... for showing in a graph by time.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Awesome. Good to know guys. Thanks.