Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hows the nexus 5 for all of you?

So far its great!

Default Re: Hows the nexus 5 for all of you?

I'm loving it so far. The camera is surprisingly good. I don't miss my N4 one bit.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

I really like it too. It is the fastest smartphone that I have ever had. Very pleased.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Considering I came from a 3 year old iPhone 4 yeah I'm loving it. Once my voicemail bug is fixed and if they find a way to tweak the volume control a little bit (some of my tones seem more quiet than others) I will be an extremely happy guy.

Global Posts
    9,143 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Perfect. Coming from a S2 the differences are night and day. Very happy with my purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Most underrated camera ever.

Really nice. Probably my favorite phone.
    Nexus 6 - Unlocked bootloader - Rooted - Stock Lollipop
    Samsung Chromebook - Chrome OS - Ubuntu dual boot

Previous:
    Nexus 5 - Unlocked Bootloader- Rooted - Stock Lollipop
    Nexus 4 - Unlocked Bootloader- Rooted - Stock
    HTC Inspire 4G - Unlocked Bootloader - Rooted - GB ASOP

Love my Nexus 5. No issues with the N5. Great build quality. Has more options than any phone I have owned. Only the ring & notification tones selection plus loudness and Hangout being quirky were issues with me that I have replaced with third party Apps. Now I don't have to lug around my Nexus 7 anymore with my N5.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_CS View Post
    Considering I came from a 3 year old iPhone 4 yeah I'm loving it. Once my voicemail bug is fixed and if they find a way to tweak the volume control a little bit (some of my tones seem more quiet than others) I will be an extremely happy guy.
    Try this free App Zedge for louder rings and notifications sounds. I had the same issue that I couldn't hear text notification sounds that were stock unless everything else around me was almost silent. Now my notification sound is the "old spice whistle"

Zedge
    Thanked by:

It's going great if I can get LTE back from AT&T and the power button been wobbly but other than that I love it looks and feels great and next to my N7 looks even better. My battery gets my about 14-16 hours so I'm happy, as soon as I get my case it will be better. I had a GS4 for 5 months but nothing beats having a stock Android phone. 4.4 is great love Google now. so far great...
    MacBookPro, iPad, iPod. My go to device are Nexus5 and Nexus 7(2013).

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Has been greta overall, its an excellent all around device. Battery is the only negative it's not bad, but not great.

It's a great phone. Love the speed and capability. No problems with anything and zero defects. Battery is better than I expected.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

It supports GPS better than my One it's replacing, does all the other little things I need just as well, and while I wish the camera wasn't the complete suckage, it's passable.
    Disclaimer, I don't work at Google, I just live nearby and am a fan.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBlader View Post
    It supports GPS better than my One it's replacing, does all the other little things I need just as well, and while I wish the camera wasn't the complete suckage, it's passable.
    Have you seen the shots you can take with it?

The camera is slow, thats for sure. But the quality is awesome.

Nexus 5: Dispelling the Myths

Fantastic phone, no issues with it at all.

So far so good. Only the first day, but I'm liking it. S3 is my other phone. Planning on rooting it now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Addicted to phones, cameras and all things Radio Controlled!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_CS View Post
    Once my voicemail bug is fixed and if they find a way to tweak the volume control a little bit (some of my tones seem more quiet than others) I will be an extremely happy guy.
    Completely agree, along with the missed call bug. Otherwise phone is fantastic.

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts

Love it. Finally an android as smolth as an iPhone. Perfect. And the camera is fine for all those complaining threads.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

I really like it so far. I just wish the battery would last a few hours longer.

The Nexus 5 is one of the most polarizing devices I've ever owned. It's uninspired at first glance, even at first use. Once you use it for a week or so, however, all the little nuances become apparent and what was uninspired becomes genius. It's a great phone.
    Robbie317 and mhettrich like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adranalyne View Post
    The Nexus 5 is one of the most polarizing devices I've ever owned. It's uninspired at first glance, even at first use. Once you use it for a week or so, however, all the little nuances become apparent and what was uninspired becomes genius. It's a great phone.
    Very true. I really like the design and styling.

Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Most underrated camera ever.
    When I first read that , I thought it said Underwater... LOL

Anyways... I love the N5! The screen is so nice, where reviewers have called it washed out. I call it perfect. Not a fan of oversaturation. Kit Kat on it has change's I really like. My old eyes really favor the bigger icons and fonts. Wicked fast phone. 32GB compared to my 16GB GN. Like everything about it! Even the Camera.
    N5 Black 32GB (4.4.4), N4 (4.4.4), iphone 5 (ios 8), ONE+64GB, N7(5.0 "L") AT&T The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...

Global Posts
    6,553 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

So far its great. Especially all dressed up and rooted.

Nexuscillin V
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Absolutely loving it. The one thing I am having to get used to in a somewhat negative way is the length of time it takes for the camera to resolve and take a picture, but I'm coming from an EVO 4G LTE, which had a dedicated camera chip (which is a brilliant design... more phone OEMs should try it), so I'm just getting used to that change/regression.

But it's so quick and buttery smooth. Battery life is better than I expected, and it's just a nicely solid piece of kit. (Switching away from Sprint is a nice bonus!)

Since discovering I can set a different default app for the swipe up from home (the Google Now gesture), I am loving my Nexus 5:

Quote Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
    The same gesture that you do to get to Google Now can be changed to turning the device/screen off.

Just install this free app called "Screen Off And Lock": https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nofflock&hl=en

Then swipe up from Home (like you would to get to Google Now) and it'll ask you to set a new default:

Attachment 92046

Grant it permissions, and now, every time you swipe up from Home, you can lock your screen/device from anywhere! Great for those who don't want to overuse the power button, and for those who obviously don't use Google Now like that.

To get rid of it, just go to "Screen Off and Lock" app in your App settings and Clear Defaults (or just uninstall the app).

Just thought I'd share.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast