help with Google now

Mike Richmond2

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
If I am in an app and swipe upwards(perhaps accidentally) to get Google Now, how do I get back simply to the app I was in? Is it a minimum of two presses?

The back button doesn't do anything...

Thanks

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
My back button works on two apps I tested (tapatalk and gallery ). You can go to recent apps (right of home) to choose the app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

pranxx

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The back button wont help. Going to google now is like going back to the home screen. You have to use the multi-tasking button on the bottom right and choose the app you want to return to.

Mike Richmond2

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.
I see behaviour as pranxx describes it.

To be honest, it seems like an odd design decision - mildly irritating. I suppose I could just disable Google now, but I will give it more of a chance, and hope I get better at not accidentally invoking it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The back button wont help. Going to google now is like going back to the home screen. You have to use the multi-tasking button on the bottom right and choose the app you want to return to.

This is the way to get back in the app you were previously using.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

pranxx

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is irritating. The integration of google now into the home screen has not been thought out completely. As other posters in the other threads said, you can try the nova launcher which apparently fixes this.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech