Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Sitting here with my Nexus 5 and slowly going through it all and making it my own. Yay right?

Now I'm a big music buff and I really enjoy having all my album artwork and all the things that make OCD really really fun. The problem is that when I copy my music to the MUSIC directory the artwork doesn't go with it because itunes stores it as a separate file while Google wants it embedded in the file itself and not as a separate image.

So, HOW are you guys moving all your music over to your Nexus? I would love to use Google Play Music but I live in Canada and apparently that only works in the States and I have zero desire to use proxy servers, changes of credit card address information and whatever other nefarious tricks might be possible.

Anyone out there got some ideas?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Doubletwist with Airsync is a pretty good experience combining Android with Itunes.

What I don't get is somehow it's marked as incompatible with the nexus 5.

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
If you're going to continue to use iTunes to manage your music, iSyncr works great and will handle artwork.

Yeah a friend of mine told me about iSyncr and we looked it up last night. Apparently there are some bugs and it crashes on 4.4?

Doubletwist with Airsync is a pretty good experience combining Android with Itunes.

What I don't get is somehow it's marked as incompatible with the nexus 5.

This is the one that I really wanted. It looks great and I don't mind paying a few bucks for a WORKING app but the problem I see is that it isn't compatible for 4.4?!?!?!?! Because of that I've been looking around at alternatives but yeah this is the one I had my eye set on!

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
This is the one that I really wanted. It looks great and I don't mind paying a few bucks for a WORKING app but the problem I see is that it isn't compatible for 4.4?!?!?!?! Because of that I've been looking around at alternatives but yeah this is the one I had my eye set on!

After some updates it is listed as compatible now.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Mediamonkey should work for you. You can export your playlists using any of a dozen applications to do this and then simply import them into Mediamonkey. All you'll have to do after that is connect your phone and sync. Or just use Google Music which does the artwork for you when uploading from iTunes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

andretan

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that when I copy my music to the MUSIC directory the artwork doesn't go with it because itunes stores it as a separate file while Google wants it embedded in the file itself and not as a separate image.

The artwork goes into the file itself on my iTunes.

So lets say if I have a 4MB MP3 file and in iTunes I add a 2MB (for example) cover image to it, the file increases its size to 6MB.

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
The artwork goes into the file itself on my iTunes.

So lets say if I have a 4MB MP3 file and in iTunes I add a 2MB (for example) cover image to it, the file increases its size to 6MB.

Interesting. Anyone know of a setting that would cause it to embed the image file into the mp3 itself? Cause as far as I know iTunes sort of LINKS the MP3 to the album artwork image?

andretan

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. Anyone know of a setting that would cause it to embed the image file into the mp3 itself? Cause as far as I know iTunes sort of LINKS the MP3 to the album artwork image?
I've been using iTunes for quite a long time and that's the way it has been working for me all this while. However, there is always the chance that I am incorrect. :)

I did a quick google and saw this article which you may want to take a look: How to Auto-Embed Album Art in Your iTunes Tracks | TIME.com

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Nice find but I'm on a PC and using Windows 7. Apparently this is for MACs only :(

I'll have to do some digging to see if I can find a PC ver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol