Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joggy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    Sitting here with my Nexus 5 and slowly going through it all and making it my own. Yay right?

    Now I'm a big music buff and I really enjoy having all my album artwork and all the things that make OCD really really fun. The problem is that when I copy my music to the MUSIC directory the artwork doesn't go with it because itunes stores it as a separate file while Google wants it embedded in the file itself and not as a separate image.

    So, HOW are you guys moving all your music over to your Nexus? I would love to use Google Play Music but I live in Canada and apparently that only works in the States and I have zero desire to use proxy servers, changes of credit card address information and whatever other nefarious tricks might be possible.

    Anyone out there got some ideas?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    I use tTorrent and MP3dit for tags

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  
    joggy's Avatar

    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

    Default Re: Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    If you're going to continue to use iTunes to manage your music, iSyncr works great and will handle artwork.
    antheauxny likes this.
  4. #4  
    maxburn's Avatar

    Posts
    399 Posts
    Global Posts
    496 Global Posts

    Default Re: Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    Doubletwist with Airsync is a pretty good experience combining Android with Itunes.

    What I don't get is somehow it's marked as incompatible with the nexus 5.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    Quote Originally Posted by joggy View Post
    If you're going to continue to use iTunes to manage your music, iSyncr works great and will handle artwork.
    Yeah a friend of mine told me about iSyncr and we looked it up last night. Apparently there are some bugs and it crashes on 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxburn View Post
    Doubletwist with Airsync is a pretty good experience combining Android with Itunes.

    What I don't get is somehow it's marked as incompatible with the nexus 5.
    This is the one that I really wanted. It looks great and I don't mind paying a few bucks for a WORKING app but the problem I see is that it isn't compatible for 4.4?!?!?!?! Because of that I've been looking around at alternatives but yeah this is the one I had my eye set on!
  6. #6  
    maxburn's Avatar

    Posts
    399 Posts
    Global Posts
    496 Global Posts

    Default Re: Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_CS View Post
    This is the one that I really wanted. It looks great and I don't mind paying a few bucks for a WORKING app but the problem I see is that it isn't compatible for 4.4?!?!?!?! Because of that I've been looking around at alternatives but yeah this is the one I had my eye set on!
    After some updates it is listed as compatible now.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    Mediamonkey should work for you. You can export your playlists using any of a dozen applications to do this and then simply import them into Mediamonkey. All you'll have to do after that is connect your phone and sync. Or just use Google Music which does the artwork for you when uploading from iTunes.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777

    -Current-
    Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    Just move all your music to the music folder and download the app music art grabber.

    Posted via Nexus 5 Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    I use iSyncr with no problems. You can sync via WiFi or USB.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_CS View Post
    The problem is that when I copy my music to the MUSIC directory the artwork doesn't go with it because itunes stores it as a separate file while Google wants it embedded in the file itself and not as a separate image.
    The artwork goes into the file itself on my iTunes.

    So lets say if I have a 4MB MP3 file and in iTunes I add a 2MB (for example) cover image to it, the file increases its size to 6MB.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    Quote Originally Posted by andretan View Post
    The artwork goes into the file itself on my iTunes.

    So lets say if I have a 4MB MP3 file and in iTunes I add a 2MB (for example) cover image to it, the file increases its size to 6MB.
    Interesting. Anyone know of a setting that would cause it to embed the image file into the mp3 itself? Cause as far as I know iTunes sort of LINKS the MP3 to the album artwork image?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_CS View Post
    Interesting. Anyone know of a setting that would cause it to embed the image file into the mp3 itself? Cause as far as I know iTunes sort of LINKS the MP3 to the album artwork image?
    I've been using iTunes for quite a long time and that's the way it has been working for me all this while. However, there is always the chance that I am incorrect.

    I did a quick google and saw this article which you may want to take a look: How to Auto-Embed Album Art in Your iTunes Tracks | TIME.com
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Former iPhone Audiophiles, Lend me your ears!

    Nice find but I'm on a PC and using Windows 7. Apparently this is for MACs only

    I'll have to do some digging to see if I can find a PC ver

Similar Threads

  1. Can you guys help me make a final case decision?
    By FreakyLocz14 in forum Nexus 5 Accessories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 03:59 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 09:29 AM
  3. no cell signal at home...HELP me !
    By canterp in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-17-2013, 09:43 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 05:27 PM
  5. WTT: 32 GB HTC One for iPhone 5/5s
    By hinamori in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions