1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Questions About the Nexus 5

Ok , Guys I finally decided that I am gunna buy a Nexus 5 , I have some questions about the N5 , First of all , I intended to use the N5 for 2-3 years , I wanna now if it will receive long-term updates.

Also I wanna know if the n5 has any problems , as I dont want to waste 60000rs ($640) , Is there any difference b/w the black and white version.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Questions About the Nexus 5

I think you'll be quite impressed with the Nexus 5 (Nexuscillin 5). I don't think anyone but Google can really tell you about how it'll be updated but it is a rather strong device and I'd expect support to be quite good. Problems? Nothing systemic. In fact, I've not had any whatsoever on my baught-from-Sprint-but-used-on-AT&T sample. The only difference between the black and white version is the back cover and the glossy black surround that is used on the white version.
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So Grip wise , the black has a better grip , is there any chipping of the paint

Sent from my GT-I9082 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I keep mine in a case and always will, so hopefully, will not have any paint chipping.
    Last edited by Haalcyon; 11-16-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

No one knows about the long term updates but I think the Nexus 4 and 5 having a very popular CPU are going to have excellent chances of being up to date for android for two years minimum. Bottom line really is that Nexus phones have the highest chance of being up to date than any other Android phone sold anywhere.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Nexus devices receive updates fairly frequently and for a good time. The Galaxy Nexus just got 4.3, and it's a two year old device.

The development community will support it fora while after that, so there's that route if you decide to unlock the bootloader and root.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Also how scratch resistant is the back cover and bezel , the camera lens seems like its gunna get scratched

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EpicInYourFace View Post
    Also how scratch resistant is the back cover and bezel , the camera lens seems like its gunna get scratched.
    The raised edge on the camera lens protects it from scratches. I never thought about scratches on the bezels.

But then, no one here can guarantee anything, and a lot of it depends on your usage. This isn't a toughbook, so if you're going to be rough with it, you will scratch it or even shatter the screen. But I don't see any problems with what most of us consider normal usage.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by EpicInYourFace View Post
    Also how scratch resistant is the back cover and bezel , the camera lens seems like its gunna get scratched

If you care about scratches you need to get some kind of case, even a slim TPU. If you don't get a case there's a high likelihood your phone is going to show wear faster than if you'd put a case on it. Just my .02 cents.
    Live long and prosper.