Any way to separate the ringtone volume from the notification volume

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Volume Butler worked perfectly for me on 7.1. Didn't have to buy Pro and was able to lower the notification sound to like 50% and have ringtone for calls at max.

soundchaser59

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
I just updated to 6.0.1
Why the h3|| did they link the ring volume and the notification volume together? They weren't linked before, but this update has them locked at the hip. Now I can't change my ring volume without changing my notification volume, and vice versa.

Worse yet, there is no option to unlink them. I shouldn't have to download and buy an app just to control native functions on this phone. I need my ringer to be loud and my text message notification to be soft.

What the heck were you programmers thinking?

thunderstormz

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
There is an app called APP Volume Control that will let you control the volume by app.. so each app the volume can be set .. My texting app is set at 14% and my ring tone is at 50

JimThomson

Aug 2, 2017
Visit site
Anyway to separate the ringtone volume from the notification volume. I don't want any notifications at night but I leave the ringer on.

Here is the way I did it on my Moto G5 Plus (where you cannot separate them - even after two years of people asking Motorola and Lenovo to pretty please do that):

Download some really short 1 sec audio clip - mine came courtesy of this free ringtone website:

https://notificationsounds.com/message-tones/filling-your-inbox-251

Download the file to your phone - or to your PC and then you can use any share- or freeware (Goldwave comes to mind) to adjust the volume to the level you like, then copy the file to your phone (use Google drive or direct USB connection etc).

Go to Choose Notification Ringtone in Settings/Sound, choose the option to browse for the notification ringtone file, then choose the one you just downloaded.

Then you need to change notification sound setting in the apps you use - email, messaging etc.; change it to "Default Notification sound"...

That's it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36