Anyway to separate the ringtone volume from the notification volume. I don't want any notifications at night but I leave the ringer on.
    11-17-2013 02:03 PM
    i dont think there is...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-17-2013 02:11 PM
    If you're rooted, Notifications Off may work. Never used it; only read about it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-17-2013 02:30 PM
    Try Settings, Sound, Default notification sound, None. I think you have to manually reset it, though.
    11-17-2013 03:03 PM
    nice thread title.
    paa79594, mariusfilip and brosko like this.
    11-17-2013 03:14 PM
    Try Settings, Sound, Default notification sound, None. I think you have to manually reset it, though.
    Thank you
    11-17-2013 05:01 PM
    Anyway to separate the ringtone volume from the notification volume. I don't want any notifications at night but I leave the ringer on.
    Found an app that will do what I need called Seer, works well.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mxstudios.seer
    11-18-2013 12:55 PM
    Found an app that will do what I need called Seer, works well.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mxstudios.seer
    Let us know how that app works out for you. If you are looking for more control consider Tasker - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....taskerm&hl=en

Tasker allows for all sorts of customizations, including quiet times, but can be set to allow certain numbers to produce notifications. This is extremely helpful you want to only be disturbed by family over night in case of an emergency.
    11-18-2013 01:32 PM
    Light flow Lite have this option... its also a all in one solution for notification https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....lightflowlite

open light flow lite-->volume--> 3rd option
    11-18-2013 02:13 PM
    Yes, with Volume Butler.
    11-18-2013 02:56 PM
    Volume Butler in the Play Store

FEATURES:

• Schedule sound profiles when you’re at home, work, anywhere!
    • Automatically apply a profile when driving
    • Apply audio profiles based on your location
    • Apply profiles by Voice
    • Use Quick Schedules to silence your device for naps or meetings
    • Separate Ringer and Notification volumes for devices with merged volumes
    • Apply a profile when you charge your phone
    • Apply a profile by SMS message for when a phone is lost
    • Use Notifications to customize your notification sounds and vibrate pattern
    • Customize 4 widgets to your hearts intent
    • Make use of 3 types of shortcuts for Profiles and Quick Schedules
    • Automate how your phone sounds with Tasker and Locale
    • Change how your device sounds with as little as one click
    • Simplify your life with the Speakerphone volume feature
    • Apply profiles right from your notification bar (Jelly Bean+)
    • DashClock Extension support
    • Apply profiles when connecting to a Wi-Fi network

With Volume Butler you get 3 Profiles, 2 Schedules, 2 Quick Schedules, 2 Charge, 2 Wi-Fi, 2 Locations, and many other great features free. You can also unlock Volume Butler for unlimited everything!

The purpose of Volume Butler is to provide an excellent way to manage your volumes and audio profiles is how this is accomplished. An audio profile is a group of volume related settings that is saved and can be applied at a latter time. Once you have a few profiles you can then automatically have your device apply a profile based on things like location, when you are driving, SMS, from your notification bar, and dozens of other ways.
    11-18-2013 02:56 PM
    11-18-2013 02:59 PM
    Personally, I have found all such 3rd apps to be clunky and unreliable. I just wish Google would add iOS's "Do Not Disturb" functionality to Android. It is a very noticeable deficiency if you have come from iOS.
    11-18-2013 04:06 PM
    Personally, I have found all such 3rd apps to be clunky and unreliable. I just wish Google would add iOS's "Do Not Disturb" functionality to Android. It is a very noticeable deficiency if you have come from iOS.
    I think that is called turning off the ringer. It you want to lower or shut off the volume automatically then program a NFC chips next to your bed to automatically put the phone into a quite mode.

IMHO, Android passed iOS over a year ago and iPhone makes me laugh every time I see a tiny screen for such a overpriced phone with a tiny battery that still looks like a bigger version of the 2007 design.
    11-18-2013 04:29 PM
    Some of the others Apps I looked at were just too complicated for what I wanted. With GPS setting options and driving options for how fast you were going and I got bored reading the how to setup. This "Do Not Disturb" is so simple I didn't have to read the directions. I set up my silent time and have options for who contacts me or if they call twice in 3 minutes. It reads my Calendar for meeting and it has a instant button with a few time options.

Really my big issue is email during the night that uses my audio notification on the Nexus 5. This App has a free two week trial version then the App cost $2.50 and has been updated for Android 4.4 / Nexus 5.

I am going to try this one and see if it is worth $2.50 for two weeks.

Do Not Disturb Mode
    by Cabooze Software
    -
    11-18-2013 06:54 PM
    Let us know how that app works out for you. If you are looking for more control consider Tasker - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....taskerm&hl=en

Tasker allows for all sorts of customizations, including quiet times, but can be set to allow certain numbers to produce notifications. This is extremely helpful you want to only be disturbed by family over night in case of an emergency.
    It is working out very well. I use the alarm clock and only want that and the ringer on no alerts and it works. I just programmed it and hit the widget at night and again in the morning.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    11-18-2013 11:23 PM
    It is working out very well. I use the alarm clock and only want that and the ringer on no alerts and it works. I just programmed it and hit the widget at night and again in the morning.
    Good to hear - I'll have to give that app a try very soon.
    11-19-2013 09:20 AM
    It sounds like you have your question answered but......... you can skip the app and just turn off wifi and data.
    11-19-2013 09:27 AM
    It sounds like you have your question answered but......... you can skip the app and just turn off wifi and data.
    There's also other alerts which would still make it through. Text, for example, are not sent over data.
    11-19-2013 09:31 AM
    I didn't think about text coming through but I suppose it depends on how many people you might have texting you in the middle of the night. Probably as many as you might have calling you.
    11-19-2013 11:46 AM
    Volume Butler worked perfectly for me on 7.1. Didn't have to buy Pro and was able to lower the notification sound to like 50% and have ringtone for calls at max.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-16-2016 09:35 AM
    I just updated to 6.0.1
    Why the h3|| did they link the ring volume and the notification volume together? They weren't linked before, but this update has them locked at the hip. Now I can't change my ring volume without changing my notification volume, and vice versa.

Worse yet, there is no option to unlink them. I shouldn't have to download and buy an app just to control native functions on this phone. I need my ringer to be loud and my text message notification to be soft.

What the heck were you programmers thinking?
    01-19-2017 11:12 AM
    There is an app called APP Volume Control that will let you control the volume by app.. so each app the volume can be set .. My texting app is set at 14% and my ring tone is at 50
    01-31-2017 10:49 AM
    I use Corcanoe SoundProfile+Scheduler, works well and it does what you need and more.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=Orion.Soft
    By the way, it is free.
    03-10-2017 03:10 AM