I am damn frustrsted, how do you start a hangouts conversation with someone, not a sms conversation but an actual hangouts conversation???? cant seem to find any way to do this, has been frustrating as my friends have tried messaging me through hangouts app but has always sent through as sms. The contacts that I'm talking about also have the hangouts app we're trying to communicate via actual hangouts and not sms hangouts.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks
- 11-19-2013, 04:13 PM #2
- 11-19-2013, 04:42 PM #4
- 11-19-2013, 05:34 PM #6
- 11-19-2013, 05:38 PM #7
- 11-19-2013, 07:14 PM #8
- 11-20-2013, 03:05 AM #9
- 13 Posts
Yup the easiest way is to just type in their gmail address. It took me an hour to figure this out haha. So im guessing either they dont have a g+ account or theyre account isnt properly connected to their number? I literally only have 1 close friend that has the option to 'sms' and 'hangout', and she has an iphone.
- 11-20-2013, 03:44 PM #10
- 11-20-2013, 03:49 PM #11
- 109 Posts
Hangouts annoyed me so I went this route: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tyeightsms.mms
I'm much happier now
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
So yeah I'm dumb, i didn't have my other Google+ account on this phone (the replacement) and so the message's didn't get through, thanks to all of you for your help, and i told my friends the gmail address searching method and he found me(horayyyy!), which is still the weird part as as what is the official and supposed to be way of adding a hangout contact?
Posted via Android Central App
- By jazzsalt in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 112Last Post: 10-30-2014, 09:07 PM
- By shamelin73 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 10Last Post: 01-23-2014, 04:19 PM
- By RMK92 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 13Last Post: 11-24-2013, 05:22 PM
- By gregba in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2013, 04:17 PM
- By Infinity in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2013, 03:44 PM