Voicemail options for a Nexus 5

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and have the Nexus 5. I know about Google Voice integration and have kept them seperate because it was the only way to keep two different numbers for two different tasks, both of which i want to keep seperate.

So my question is, as this is my first nexus phone device and obviously I use voicemail on my Sprint number so much i didn't realize until today I wasn't getting notifications, what are the options to get some form of visual voicemail? Easy answer I know is google voice, but since I don't want to merge them, what are other options.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and have the Nexus 5. I know about Google Voice integration and have kept them seperate because it was the only way to keep two different numbers for two different tasks, both of which i want to keep seperate.

So my question is, as this is my first nexus phone device and obviously I use voicemail on my Sprint number so much i didn't realize until today I wasn't getting notifications, what are the options to get some form of visual voicemail? Easy answer I know is google voice, but since I don't want to merge them, what are other options.

You mail was my previous visual voicemail before switching over to Google voice. It's free and pretty good. You can pay for more features like transciption no ads and other stuff. If it's really necessary for you to keep them apart, try it out. Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Aren't you getting missed call notifications?

I'm getting missed call notifications and voicemail notifications. Yesterday was my first voicemail notification and it won't go away even though I've rebooted and deleted the voicemail.

Written in TapaTalk Pro

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
You mail was my previous visual voicemail before switching over to Google voice. It's free and pretty good. You can pay for more features like transciption no ads and other stuff. If it's really necessary for you to keep them apart, try it out. Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail

That is my one thought and was looking at visual Voicemail Plus. Thought I'd ask as I'd figure this would of been a already figured out thing with the Nexus 4.

Written in TapaTalk Pro

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. I can't get rid of the notification, despite deleting the message and restarting the phone. Not sure why its bothering me so much but I actually can't stand to see the notification there, knowing there is no new message. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? Thanks.
I'm getting missed call notifications and voicemail notifications. Yesterday was my first voicemail notification and it won't go away even though I've rebooted and deleted the voicemail.

Written in TapaTalk Pro

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. I can't get rid of the notification, despite deleting the message and restarting the phone. Not sure why its bothering me so much but I actually can't stand to see the notification there, knowing there is no new message. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? Thanks.

Are you sure it isn't for a newer message?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2