Anyone with T-Mobile and working group texts?

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a group text problem on my N5. I can send and receive individual mms texts, but when it comes to group texting something is a miss. I can send group texts, and people receive them. But when they reply, I don't get anything unless they are on T-Mobile and then I get their reply as an MMS but not in the group conversation thread. Anyone else having this problem? My wife has had an N4 for a while on T-Mobile and her group texts just now started working last month so I'm thinking this is a network problem. I've even tried copying her APN settings and still the same problem.

Posted via Android Central App

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've looked through the settings and don't see anything that would cause this. I'll check out my group messages today, seems odd.

Note 3 + Nexus 5

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine was working fine with folks split across AT&T and Sprint. I was using Hangouts for group messaging and could send and receive. Until I dropped my phone :)

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile, have family members on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon and haven't noticed any problems with group texts. Though I suppose if the problem you're seeing is that you haven't gotten messages, maybe it's not working and I just don't know it.

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile, have family members on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon and haven't noticed any problems with group texts. Though I suppose if the problem you're seeing is that you haven't gotten messages, maybe it's not working and I just don't know it.

Will you try starting a group conversation with someone on another carrier and see if you get responses from them?

Nuggstein

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, many of us T-Mobile users are having this issue.

Please refer to this thread: Group messaging problems | T-Mobile Support ... view post 24 as well. I have the same username on there.

The original thread about this issue was actually removed or blocked on T-Mobile's support site I assume was because I posted T-Mobile's Executive Response email addresses. They should be easily found by doing a Google search, and I recommend anyone with this issue reach out to them, provide your phone number and account holder information.

They have been in touch with me. At first they wanted a highly trained technician to reach out to me, however I don't know what that would solve. This is not a software issue since this is affecting all T-Mobile devices...Android, iOS, and Windows. After some back and forth emails, I was told to hang tight because they were receiving a ton of similar complaints. Then they recommended I use third party software to remedy the situation, but while Group MMS works with it (Google Hangouts), I cannot send out messages via WiFi Calling which is a must for me, as well as the interface being terrible...plus, Google Hangouts isn't available on iOS or Windows.

The more people who reach out to them, the more likely it is they will do something about this. Again, please refer to the thread above.

Thanks!

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine actually just started working yesterday. The weird part is that the other person in the group thread who has T-Mobile is getting my replies still in our individual conversation. But the main take away is that it's working now. I'm sure that enough people complained that they starting taking a look at their operations and realized that they had a problem.

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, many of us T-Mobile users are having this issue.

Please refer to this thread: Group messaging problems | T-Mobile Support ... view post 24 as well. I have the same username on there.

The original thread about this issue was actually removed or blocked on T-Mobile's support site I assume was because I posted T-Mobile's Executive Response email addresses. They should be easily found by doing a Google search, and I recommend anyone with this issue reach out to them, provide your phone number and account holder information.

They have been in touch with me. At first they wanted a highly trained technician to reach out to me, however I don't know what that would solve. This is not a software issue since this is affecting all T-Mobile devices...Android, iOS, and Windows. After some back and forth emails, I was told to hang tight because they were receiving a ton of similar complaints. Then they recommended I use third party software to remedy the situation, but while Group MMS works with it (Google Hangouts), I cannot send out messages via WiFi Calling which is a must for me, as well as the interface being terrible...plus, Google Hangouts isn't available on iOS or Windows.

The more people who reach out to them, the more likely it is they will do something about this. Again, please refer to the thread above.

Thanks!

I will definitely post up my experience in there as soon as I have time to register and everything.

Nuggstein

May 5, 2013
Visit site
@Nicksblackrouse,

The most important piece of this is to contact T-Mobile's Executive Response team. Make sure you let them know of the issue, your phone number, and account holder information.

Email both of these addresses in the same message:
ExecutiveResponse@t-mobile.com
ExecutiveRelations@t-mobile.com

They will reach out to you. Please update us on what they tell you either on here or on the thread I provided you @ T-Mobile's support forums .

Thanks.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I was having issues sending an MMS. I took a picture to send to my wife and no matter what I did I could not get it to send. I ended up e-mailing her the picture.

Nuggstein

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Someone called T-Mobile yesterday and apparently it's now a well known issue (I think thanks to me), they told the guy it's network related, and that a fix should be implemented within 3 days. We'll see about that......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret