Google wallet problems

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried using the N5 with tap n pay the other day for the first time at one of the vending machines at my school that has the card swiper/tap to pay built in. I had the wallet app open and tapped the phone and it popped right up. The machine said it was contacting bank like it normally does with a regular debit card and then it said it was unable to authorize. I tried it three times with same results. It never asked me to enter a pin or select debit. I tried both my debit and credit card but same results. I haven't been able to try anywhere else yet so maybe it was just that machine. Anyone experience this before?

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried using the N5 with tap n pay the other day for the first time at one of the vending machines at my school that has the card swiper/tap to pay built in. I had the wallet app open and tapped the phone and it popped right up. The machine said it was contacting bank like it normally does with a regular debit card and then it said it was unable to authorize. I tried it three times with same results. It never asked me to enter a pin or select debit. I tried both my debit and credit card but same results. I haven't been able to try anywhere else yet so maybe it was just that machine. Anyone experience this before?

I have used it on my Nexus 5 several times and many different merchants. I would caulk that one up to the machine not working properly. Since most debits can be run as credit I have never entered my PIN for my debit card. I only use a PIN to open the app.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I have used it on my Nexus 5 several times and many different merchants. I would caulk that one up to the machine not working properly. Since most debits can be run as credit I have never entered my PIN for my debit card. I only use a PIN to open the app.

I was thinking that maybe they haven't enabled the function on that machine yet. Where do you use it at? I'll try it somewhere else. I don't see why it wouldn't work cause of my phone. I know everything is set up properly.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking that maybe they haven't enabled the function on that machine yet. Where do you use it at? I'll try it somewhere else. I don't see why it wouldn't work cause of my phone. I know everything is set up properly.

Whole Foods, CVS, 7/11, toys R us, container store are some of the place I have recently used. Oh and my Dentist's office last week! The had a little pad with a coiled cord that they put on the counter for me to pay and it had a play you could slide your card and enter your PIN. It had the pay pass symbol on it so I tap my Nexus 5 on it and she said credit or debit and I said credit. It beeped and that was that.

Now that kitkat had bypassed the carriers and the Moto X are getting 4.4 already it will be good to see so many more devices using Google Wallet!

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Whole Foods, CVS, 7/11, toys R us, container store are some of the place I have recently used. Oh and my Dentist's office last week! The had a little pad with a coiled cord that they put on the counter for me to pay and it had a play you could slide your card and enter your PIN. It had the pay pass symbol on it so I tap my Nexus 5 on it and she said credit or debit and I said credit. It beeped and that was that.

Now that kitkat had bypassed the carriers and the Moto X are getting 4.4 already it will be good to see so many more devices using Google Wallet!

Sweet! Sounds good, thank you.

I like the whole concept of it and I'm glad to see it being opened up to more devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol