Keyboard won't pop up during a call

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys just wondering, I'm unable to text while I'm on the phone, I can't even take notes because the keyboard won't pop up.

Is that a bug, or is it a setting I don't have right?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
You mean you're on a call, take the phone away from your face completely so the proximity sensor lights the screen up, and then hit the home button so you can minimize the call (might want to put them on speakerphone first to still hear them well), and then do whatever you want on the phone? You're saying which part of this does not work?

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You mean you're on a call, take the phone away from your face completely so the proximity sensor lights the screen up, and then hit the home button so you can minimize the call (might want to put them on speakerphone first to still hear them well), and then do whatever you want on the phone? You're saying which part of this does not work?

Yea if I'm on a call and put them on speaker, then minimize the call and go to answer a text or take notes it won't work. I just tap the screen to write and the keyboard won't pop up.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yea if I'm on a call and put them on speaker, then minimize the call and go to answer a text or take notes it won't work. I just tap the screen to write and the keyboard won't pop up.

I just tried as you said above and keyboard works fine for me. Are you using the stock keyboard?

brum

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This is so annoying! I can not take notes or SMS/text during a call. Sometimes I'm busy and forget import and things because of this agrivating issue. In on Nexus 4 from ICS, Kit Kat and lollipop all are not working. Using stock keyboard. Nothing is working... Why?????

Note: this is not about the keypad but the keyboard.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you using Lux? There have been a number of strange incompatibilities between Lux and Android 5.0 reported and a number of them have to do with the keyboard failing to pop when required.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mr_Drewskie

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Same damn problem with my Z3. During calls I cannot open my keyboard no matter what I do. Text, notes, nothing I do I can't do either while I'm on a call.

Any Ideas people?

glasscitysd

May 13, 2010
Visit site
also having this issue on my nexus 5 no matter what rom I use it wasn't always like this either happened after I upgraded to lollipop maybe its a certain app that blocks it idk

Last edited:

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
To determine if it is some other app, try booting into safe mode and see it works. If so then you just need to determine which app is causing the program.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs