T-Mobile Visual Voicemail

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been already asked but has anyone gotten T-Mobile vvm to work on their N5? Mine keeps saying not compatible with device. I'm assuming its because of kit Kat. If so how, or perhaps an alternative until a fix. On a side note, love my nexus 5, no issues, problems or complaints. Just a solid, fast, snappy and dead sexy device. Nexus or Bust!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Is this a service you pay for, or is it a free app? I've used a couple of free options from the Play Store with mixed results, but don't remember seeing an "official" T-Mobile option.

MLdroidN4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am using "T-Mobile Visual Voicemail" version 3.5.2.1. I installed it right away when I got my Nexus 5. However, I don't see the app listed in the Play Store on my phone anymore. Here is the link I found from my deskop PC:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....tmobile.vvm.application&hl=en&token=kvXibIly

I tried installing that app, but it says not compatible with Nexus 5 and wouldn't let me install it on the Nexus 5.

Edit: Never mind, I was able to download the .apk file from the xda-forums' link posted above. Works like a charm.

Last edited:

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I had also wondered about this but i ended up setting up Google voice to handle visual voicemail. Is there any advantage to using the official T-Mobile app?

Posted via Android Central App

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried downloading the app from the Play Store and it tells me that it's not compatible with my device; it's probably not compatible with Android 4.4

I called T-Mobile's tech support and they confirmed that it won't work for now. Maybe an update will come out eventually...

Posted via Motorola Xoom tablet

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the apk from xda and all is well. No issues, no problems. Don't know what really needs to be updated but everything seems to work fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just ran into this thread. I followed the link and double checked with my Apps through Google Play. It's (version 3.5.2.1) indeed part of my collection but also shows as being incompatible with my device at this time... oddly enough I did successfully install it on my Nexus 5 when I got it and it runs fine. I'm positive I didn't download an .APK from XDA, either. As mentioned by bloo0153, it's no longer showing up as an app when perusing T-Mobile USA's app collection, either.

Very weird, I'm glad there's the APK in case...

Viventis

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I have not tried the apk yet, but the T-Mobile site said visual voice mail was not compatible with the device. So I set up Google Voice for voice mail only (selected no phone calls) and it works great, with wifi on or off. It even transcribes the voice messages to text. Try it!

strav22

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I need to find the tmobile thread where I read about this but here's the story:

The current version of the app does have some issues running on the nexus 5 (might be kitkat in general). If you installed it before Tmobile make it incompatible on the playstore (as I did) it should work for you. Some people are having issues running on the Nexus 5. Only thing I see is on my Nexus 5 is that it sends texts to 122 saying "Activate:dt=6". Other than the random texts, the VM app works.

There is a beta version supposedly fixes these issues, I can't find where to sign up for the beta.

I'll look for the thread, just wanted to get the info out there.

Viventis

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with T-Mobile, who bought the phone directly from Google, gotten the VVM to work with or without the apk file found above?

RandomNickname

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing reports on T-Mobile's website/forums of people with a beta of it (v3.7, release is apparently 3.5 or so) using it on both Nex4 and Nex5 with KitKat and reporting it working fine, so I'm guessing a release is imminent.

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I got my Nexus 5 the T-Mobile VVM hasn't worked for me...it didn't install initially and I just checked now and it's still not compatible with the device (I'm guessing Android 4.4). Maybe the next update it'll work.