Can I use AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 sim card in Google Nexus 5?

Patrick Li

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a Samsung galaxy S4 with AT&T 2-year contract with data plan. I want to get a google Nexus 5. Can I just put the SIM card in S4 in Nexus and use it? Or do I have to go through AT&T? Or it is totally impossible?

Thanks.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
If the sim card is the same size then you can. There are different sized sim cards... mini, micro and regular size. I don't know if the S4 and Nexus 5 use the same size, but you can Google that. You might have to call AT&T to activate the Nexus 5.

I currently have a Samsung galaxy S4 with AT&T 2-year contract with data plan. I want to get a google Nexus 5. Can I just put the SIM card in S4 in Nexus and use it? Or do I have to go through AT&T? Or it is totally impossible?

Thanks.

aco905

May 22, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.

Yes plug and play. Your S4 and the Nexus 5 both use a micro sim. There is no reason to call AT&T. Mine works just fine.

Posted by Nexus 5 and the Android Central App

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't AT&T require activation for their LTE service? I read in other posts that when people just swapped cards they were limited to HSDPA speeds until AT&T changed their account.

aco905

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't AT&T require activation for their LTE service? I read in other posts that when people just swapped cards they were limited to HSDPA speeds until AT&T changed their account.

I have not experienced this. I have a galaxy s3, I took the SIM card out put it in my Nexus 5. I am now cruising down the LTE highway. I never had to make a phone call or change any settings, it just works.

Posted by Nexus 5 and the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

OP already has a LTE device, Galaxy S4. Once your data plan is provisioned for LTE, it stays on your account forever. If you never had any LTE phone before, you need call AT&T to provision the LTE for your data plan.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Yup. I have a LTE nano sim I use between my Moto x, htc one & nexus 5

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
OP already has a LTE device, Galaxy S4. Once your data plan is provisioned for LTE, it stays on your account forever. If you never had any LTE phone before, you need call AT&T to provision the LTE for your data plan.

My bad. I thought the OP said Nexus 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa