Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MMS and Straight Talk Cant receive

Ive tried everything. triple verified settings. I was wondering if some one could provide screenshots of a fully functional At&t sim APN settings?

Everything works except I cant receive MMS. If you have one that receives mms please post!
    Thank you in advance

Default Re: MMS and Straight Talk Cant receive

Going to follow this i am having the same issue
    scurvychef likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmiesse134 View Post
    Ive tried everything. triple verified settings. I was wondering if some one could provide screenshots of a fully functional At&t sim APN settings?

Everything works except I cant receive MMS. If you have one that receives mms please post!
    Thank you in advance
    Copied from my e-mail from Straight Talk. Triple check your settings as I had a minor typo that was preventing mine from working correctly.

APN PROGRAMMING FOR MOST PHONE MODELS:

Once you have reached your phone's APN (Access Point Name) settings, create a new APN with the following values.
    1. APN Name: Straight Talk
    2. APN: tfdata
    3. Port: 80
    4. MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
    5. MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    6. MMS Port: 80
    7. Delete the current APN from your phone.
    8. Reboot your phone.
    If you need further instructions on how to create the new APN (Data Settings) click here.
    csanchez828 likes this.

I just set up ST with those same settings. MMS works for me. I decided to try T-Mobile, StraightTalk (At&T), and then AT&T. So far ST is better for me than TM in So. Cal.

Do you happen to have the Google Voice app on your phone? I have the N4 and am on ST-AT&T. When I had the GV app on my phone, MMS wouldn't work, but when I uninstalled it, MMS would work. I still use GV for voicemail, but I just don't use the app.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by kmcochran View Post
    Do you happen to have the Google Voice app on your phone? I have the N4 and am on ST-AT&T. When I had the GV app on my phone, MMS wouldn't work, but when I uninstalled it, MMS would work. I still use GV for voicemail, but I just don't use the app.
    Interesting. I'll try removing it. But I only use it for voice mail.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by macleod52 View Post
    Copied from my e-mail from Straight Talk. Triple check your settings as I had a minor typo that was preventing mine from working correctly.

APN PROGRAMMING FOR MOST PHONE MODELS:

Once you have reached your phone's APN (Access Point Name) settings, create a new APN with the following values.
    1.APN Name: Straight Talk
    2.APN: tfdata
    3.Port: 80
    4.MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
    5.MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    6.MMS Port: 80
    7.Delete the current APN from your phone.
    8.Reboot your phone.
    If you need further instructions on how to create the new APN (Data Settings) click here.
    These are the settings I use on the nexus 5 and MMS works great.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by tw33k2514 View Post
    These are the settings I use on the nexus 5 and MMS works great.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    I can send. Just not receive. And I am a new St customer. Not sure if that has any bearing. I have those settings.
    But I would like to see a screen shot of the rest of the settings to see if mine are the same.

I can send. Just not receive. And I am a new St customer. Not sure if that has any bearing. I have those settings.
    But I would like to see a screen shot of the rest of the settings to see if mine are the same.

I just set up a friends Nexus 5 on straight talk AT&T and using above settings all works great.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by the gator View Post
    I just set up a friends Nexus 5 on straight talk AT&T and using above settings all works great.
    OK but what about the rest of the settings?

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I ended up ordering a new sim today from ST. Many people are saying that cures the problem. I will keep everyone posted.

I am having the same issue on Metro PCS. But, I think it is the network issue and want to talk to them about it since when I put my Nexus 5 on as a GSM device that is really on T-Mobile networks since Metro is still CDMA. I have flipped form Textra, 8SMS and back to Hangout trying to get pictures texted to me which is MMS.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I ended up ordering a new sim today from ST. Many people are saying that cures the problem. I will keep everyone posted.
    After over a week of frustration the new sim fixed the problem

Carrier
    Stock: GNex; dalepl rom

Yes, that's been reported as a solution for many here https://productforums.google.com/for...A/7l4fGeWoGH0J. I have the same problem on gophone. Hubby's iPhone 4S sim works in my N5 but he can't receive MMS with my sim in his phone either. I'll be going to an AT&T store in the morning per level 3 support suggestion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am have a new Galaxy Note 3 factory unlocked with Straight Talk. I can't receive mms with a new sim card. I have tried several APN settings. I need help!!

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Shiny 4.3 with WillyJay's

I used the Straight Talk APN Settings with ATT Sim, 5 days later it worked, the same time as I received an email confirming the setup for auto-refill was verified.
    Patience seems to have cured the problem.

how do you use google voice for voicemail without using the app?

hi everyone. sorry im new to this but anyways i have a HTC Droid DNA 4G and im using Straight Talk and everything works but sending or receving mms. Can anyone help me to fix it. thank you Cathy

i have tryed all of that over and over but its still not working...thank you i will keep trying and looking
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Buy a new sim. It's that simple. Anyone who uses straight talk should just buy 2 Sims. Activate with the first one. Then... Transfer over to the 2nd one.

Buy a new sim. It's that simple. Anyone who uses straight talk should just buy 2 Sims. Activate with the first one. Then... Transfer over to the 2nd one.

If I already have activated a few months of service, wouldn't I lose all that credit?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

No . It does not affect your cycle
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by cathy40m View Post
    i have tryed all of that over and over but its still not working...thank you i will keep trying and looking
    Refer to post #7 and confirm that your settings are exactly like that. It sounds like that may be the problem since you cant send or receive.

It didn't help me either. If I find an answer I will let you know.

I bought my son and I both an AT & T Samsung Galaxy s3 phone; bought both of us the AT & T SIM card from ST as well. Have entered all of the SAME settings above and STILL cannot receive pictures on EITHER phone. We can send but cannot receive. This is just plain stupid and talking with the "customer service' at ST is like talking to a wall. "Elllo....my name iz Bawb' .........bull......his name is probably Shalek or something. ST service works great for me but I"d rather be caned naked in from of WalMart than to have to talk to their customer service people. UGH. If anyone ever finally resolves this problem please let me know. swinn@hotmail.com PLEASE. *Don't tell me to reboot......done that 100 times now......nothing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast