Is Verizon Nexus 5 an Oxymoron?

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I have a Verizon GNex and an upgrade available. Is Verizon definitely not getting the Nexus 5?

Sorry if this has already been answered. I searched and didn't find anything and I am short on time trying to get Black Friday deals. I want a Nexus, but I also want my unlimited, unthrottled 4G LTE data so I have to stick with Verizon.

Many thanks!!!!

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I have a Verizon GNex and an upgrade available. Is Verizon definitely not getting the Nexus 5?

Sorry if this has already been answered. I searched and didn't find anything and I am short on time trying to get Black Friday deals. I want a Nexus, but I also want my unlimited, unthrottled 4G LTE data so I have to stick with Verizon.

Many thanks!!!!

Verizon will not have the Nexus 5. If you have to stay with Verizon, I'd look at the Moto X. It's the closest thing to a nexus Verizon has, and it has already been updated to kit Kat.

Since you mentioned you are wanting to keep unlimited data, I'm guessing you are going to be purchasing your device at full price. This coming Monday, Motorola. Com will be offering 150 off full price of the moto x which will make it the same price as the n5. Definitely a great deal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Verizon will not have the Nexus 5.
Waaaah!

If you have to stay with Verizon, I'd look at the Moto X. It's the closest thing to a nexus Verizon has, and it has already been updated to kit Kat.
Will the GNex get KitKat or has the GNex been end of lifed?

Thanks, I will check out the Moto X. What about the Samsung GNote 3? Can it be rooted and romed? I know I can go look this up, sorry if it is a bother, and many thanks to anyone who gives me their opinion!

Since you mentioned you are wanting to keep unlimited data, I'm guessing you are going to be purchasing your device at full price. This coming Monday, Motorola. Com will be offering 150 off full price of the moto x which will make it the same price as the n5. Definitely a great deal.
Thanks! I have a dummy line on my family plan so I just transfer my upgrades to that line and then I don't lose unlimited data. That dummy line is worth every penny I pay for it!!!!!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
No the galaxy nexus is dead. No more official kit kat. Look to the development community for a asop Rom.
Waaaah! Will the GNex get KitKat or has the GNex been end of lifed?

Thanks, I will check out the Moto X. What about the Samsung GNote 3? Can it be rooted and romed? I know I can go look this up, sorry if it is a bother, and many thanks to anyone who gives me their opinion!

Thanks! I have a dummy line on my family plan so I just transfer my upgrades to that line and then I don't lose unlimited data. That dummy line is worth every penny I pay for it!!!!!

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
No the galaxy nexus is dead. No more official kit kat. Look to the development community for a asop Rom.
Thanks! Will do. Ahh, it makes my heart sad as I love my GNex no matter how much the antenna/radios sucked, lol! I really am attached to it as it was my first smartphone. What a way to get introduced to Android!

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

As far as I know the note 3 is locked down tight. Verizon and Att have become inane with their locked bootloaders.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know the note 3 is locked down tight. Verizon and Att have become inane with their locked bootloaders.
I can't go from a GNex to an unlockable bootloader. I do like the huge a$$ GNote 3 screen, though. I rarely talk on the phone so I like the idea of a phablet especially since the older I get the worse my eyesight becomes. But I can't do an unlockable bootloader. Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Moto X is something to consider as an off contract purchase if you want to keep your current data plan and have a good device. I'd like to have one as a secondary if the funds were there.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
LG G2 is what I upgraded my gnex from. Cant do motoX or any Samsung junk any more. LG g2 is rooted abs rooms are available but you don't need them.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Samsung can't stand amoled or there bloat, burned to many times by Motorola nothing has changed no matter how they try
What do you mean secondary?

- - - Updated - - -

What is junk, the plastic case?

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Waaaah!

Will the GNex get KitKat or has the GNex been end of lifed?

How much do you pay a month for the dummy phone

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
How much do you pay a month for the dummy phone
$13 after taxes, surcharges and fees. But I just remembered that I can't use a transferred upgrade and buy from Amazon and then drop the data plan on the dummy line without paying a penalty. Only through Best Buy or Verizon (and I think Costco) can I do that.

So I will probably use the transferred upgrade to get a iPhone 5s thru Best Buy and then buy from Moto on Cyber Monday.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean secondary?
For times I know I'll be away from a power source to recharge my device. There are times that I have to disable data or switch on Airplane mode to keep the battery. I'm used to it. But it would be nice to have something like the Moto X around for those times.