1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will the nexus 5 ship in time

Hey from france,
    after much debacle i decided that i would replace my now aging lg optimus black with the brand new nexus 5 however seeing as it is it'll leave the warehouse by the 11th of december and i'm going back home for the holidays on the 15th,where the play store isn't available i was wondering if i should take a risk and try to get it now or if i should wait until i come back,any advice would be much appreciated

Global Posts
    6,209 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Will the nexus 5 ship in time

Welcome to posting in the forums!

Well, if you miss your window will anyone be able to get the phone to you quick, fast, and in a hurry? That would be my resounding question. If yes, sure, go for it, especially with overnight or 2-day shipping options. If not. ...could be kinda risky.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:

I ordered mine on the evening of release day and it told me 2-3 weeks before it would ship. It shipped within three days. The point being, perhaps they tend to give themselves a lot of space in the shipping window and you stand a good chance of it shipping early anyway?

Posted with Nexus 5 via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

well yeah the thing is i did contact google support after this post and they explained that for some reason the only shipping option available is the normal 3 day ground shipping ,i guess ill just have to try my hand with the ups people to see if i can get some sort of expedited shipping,becuase if not the nexus is just gonna stay in my mail box for the holidays,other than that do you think do you think the nexus is a good choice?

Global Posts
    6,209 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Fares Hazbon View Post
    well yeah the thing is i did contact google support after this post and they explained that for some reason the only shipping option available is the normal 3 day ground shipping ,i guess ill just have to try my hand with the ups people to see if i can get some sort of expedited shipping,becuase if not the nexus is just gonna stay in my mail box for the holidays,other than that do you think do you think the nexus is a good choice?
    The Nexus is a fine choice, especially for the money.

ogP
    Live long and prosper.

I ordered a black 16GB version on 11/19 and the projected ship date was 12/11. However, I got a shipping confirmation last night, 11/30.

All I can say is my N5 shipped before the date they said it would. You could always just go to Best Buy and pick up a N5 that cost $100 extra unless you can get them to match the Google Store price as some have done.

However Amazon has four Nexus 5 with 32GB that can ship now for $488 here. Also, they show 60 other units they can ship from their partners for a few dollars cheaper. Amazon also has 40 units of the 16GB Nexus 5 for $445.95 but the 32GB is a much better deal since they are charging more than Google Store.

Coming from an older phone you should absolutely love it. I replaced my Evo 4g LTE (2012 high end phone) and even that difference in performance and feel is pretty staggering. Unless you need features only available on other phones, get the Nexus 5 and don't look back. You'll be happy with it.

Posted with Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Hi and welcome I order my Nexus 5 when it came out it said leave the warehouse in 1-2 weeks and it left the in two day i hard it by the fourth day they give you a longer time so they can cover themself..

Hey from france,
    after much debacle i decided that i would replace my now aging lg optimus black with the brand new nexus 5 however seeing as it is it'll leave the warehouse by the 11th of december and i'm going back home for the holidays on the 15th,where the play store isn't available i was wondering if i should take a risk and try to get it now or if i should wait until i come back,any advice would be much appreciated
    Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Nexus all the way..
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

yeah when the lg optimus launched it was mid ranged to begin with so it should be more than welcome upgrade,but are there any news on the durability front?.seeing as i'm in france best buy really isnt an option,but nevermind that I JUST GOT SHIPPING CONFIRMATION ALL THE WIN!!!!,after scouring through the french android tech forums and calling up google tech support another time,it turns out that certain european countries will benefit from quicker shipping so instead of the 11th my 32 gb black nexus will ship on wait for it ..... it the 4th ,commence tears of joy while waiting impatiently glued to the door