Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Default Very impressive battery life so far.

I realize the amount of battery required to run said device for an hour varies greatly depending on use, signal strength, settings, etc. However I have been super impressed and wanted to share.

Generally at half to 3/4 LTE signal, on WiFi most of the time, NFC off.

Almost 5 hours of screen time with battery to burn over 15 and a half hours on with 21% battery remaining. Not bad! I was able to pull 6 hours on my Moto X once, which seriously impressed me as I generally maxed out around 4 and a half hours of screen time on my HTC one.

Just wanted to share for anyone worried about battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Very impressive battery life so far.-uploadfromtaptalk1385862242312.jpg   Very impressive battery life so far.-uploadfromtaptalk1385862514027.jpg  

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Great Battery life So far, impressive

Thanks for sharing! I'm enjoying my Nexus 5 and have no complaints with battery life for what this device is.

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts

I'm a fan of the Nexus 5, but it looks like you charged the phone in the middle of the test period. That's not a good battery test at all.

i get about 17 hours and i use mine all day till i get home screen all the way bright as well and with bluetooth on as well.. I have nothing bad to say i am on LTE all day i use google maps tunein and no problem..
    Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Nexus all the way..
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    I'm a fan of the Nexus 5, but it looks like you charged the phone in the middle of the test period. That's not a good battery test at all.

Thanks for pointing that out. I have several screen shots of different days. I'll do another test tomorrow and post results , however I have consistently got 4 to 5 hours of screen time throughout the day. Either way pretty good

I'm averaging between 14 to 16 hours a day with 30 % to spare. I've had no issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusNick123 View Post
    i get about 17 hours and i use mine all day till i get home screen all the way bright as well and with bluetooth on as well.. I have nothing bad to say i am on LTE all day i use google maps tunein and no problem..

Sorry.But I don't believe your claims of 17 hours with you using it all day.Post screen shots!!

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Coming from a GS3, the N5 battery life is better. My GS3 battery would be exhausted by 3:00pm on a typical day, and my N5 lasts into the evening. I've been seeing around 13 hours with screen on time of over 4 hours, and battery life remaining of 30%+.

I've noticed very little battery drain overnight. Last night, I pulled it from the charger at 100%, played a 2 hr podcast with the screen off, fell asleep and this morning the N5 had 96% charge.

Immediately after I got the N5, I went into the developer options and rebooted in ART runtime. Besides the increases in speed, I'm wondering if the battery life appreciably increases since compiling of non-system apps is not required during launching as with the Dalvik runtime?

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaron View Post
    Coming from a GS3, the N5 battery life is better. My GS3 battery would be exhausted by 3:00pm on a typical day, and my N5 lasts into the evening. I've been seeing around 13 hours with screen on time of over 4 hours, and battery life remaining of 30%+.

I've noticed very little battery drain overnight. Last night, I pulled it from the charger at 100%, played a 2 hr podcast with the screen off, fell asleep and this morning the N5 had 96% charge.

Immediately after I got the N5, I went into the developer options and rebooted in ART runtime. Besides the increases in speed, I'm wondering if the battery life appreciably increases since compiling of non-system apps is not required during launching as with the Dalvik runtime?

I could take my phone off charger, put it to sleep, wake up 7 hours later for work, and see my phone drain at least 5%....sometimes even 10%. I don't really understand why...

Good coverage area, always full bars. Usually don't have much, if anything, running in the background.

While the battery life is decent on weekend usage, I take the subway to work and my coverage in my building isn't the strongest, so my battery life suffers a great deal trying to locate and secure a good signal throughout the day

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axis. View Post
    I could take my phone off charger, put it to sleep, wake up 7 hours later for work, and see my phone drain at least 5%....sometimes even 10%. I don't really understand why...

Good coverage area, always full bars. Usually don't have much, if anything, running in the background.

While the battery life is decent on weekend usage, I take the subway to work and my coverage in my building isn't the strongest, so my battery life suffers a great deal trying to locate and secure a good signal throughout the day
    Yeah, weak signal strength does contribute to faster draining of the battery. I just got a wireless charger for work which the phone will set on, and when I go to a job site, I'll carry the wireless charger on the dash of my truck. Side note: the OEM wireless charger has a sticky back which secures to the dash, and the magnet holds the phone securely.

At home, I have another wireless charger that sits by my bed. It's mounted vertically, and the magnet holds the phone from falling. Love those chargers!! They don't charge as fast as corded, but are VERY convenient!

Coming from a GS3, the N5 battery life is better. My GS3 battery would be exhausted by 3:00pm on a typical day, and my N5 lasts into the evening.
    tests beg to differ, its more like about your configuration than devices themselves.

and do remember GS3 is almost 2 years old.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    tests beg to differ, its more like about your configuration than devices themselves.

Having owned both phones, I'll rely on personal experiences, using both phones in the same manner and similarly configured.

LegalAmerican likes this.

Clevin you don't own a Nexus 5 and you have a Samsung Note 3. What is your point since the Op likes the Nexus 5 battery life over his old Samsung GS3 that battery could be weaker after a few years of use? Guess what I am happy with my N5's phone battery life.

I just plugged in my N5 today to charge and it was still at 77% from yesterday with light use on voice calls, texting and at least 90 minutes of internet screen time at a football game.
    Last edited by Shilohcane; 12-02-2013 at 08:23 AM.

My battery life is hit or miss.. During the work week with a horrible signal at work my battery life STINKS, on the weekends while out and about I can almost go a day and a half before it drops dead when I get a great signal and better coverage.. But it's pretty much about the same as the GS3 it replaced... Weak signal even with little to no usage the battery dies off fast... at home on WiFi most of the day and out and about shopping and doing my regular running around I take it off at 9 am and by 9 pm it's still 30 - 40% remaining... (but I will say I am not a HEAVY user.. Check Google+, Twitter, send out a bunch of text messages, very little phone use, internet searches and check up on sport scores throughout the day.. No gaming at all)
    Nexus 5, 32 gig, Black... Nexus 7 (2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post
    Clevin you don't own a Nexus 5 and you have a Samsung Note 3. What is your point since the Op likes the Nexus 5 battery life over his old Samsung GS3 that battery could be weaker after a few years of use? Guess what I am happy with my N5's phone battery life.

I just plugged in my N5 today to charge and it was still at 77% from yesterday with light use on voice calls, texting and at least 90 minutes of internet screen time at a football game.
    my point is its important to be honest to readers, he didn't claim his GS 3 has "weak battery" because it is "few years old", he simply claim GS 3 has a weaker battery life, period. Should that kind of statement stands without some clarification?

Last time I checked, this is a forum for discussions of certain topic, it did not state you have to own one to participate, why don't you show me the forum rule you think that forbid me from talking here?

Having owned both phones, I'll rely on personal experiences, using both phones in the same manner and similarly configured.

Lets just say it not possible to configure them "similarly", to start with, since they use different launchers and default settings, e.g., sync, service.

There are plenty of complaints on the battery life on every device, excluding massive devices (G2, GN3, etc), but I didn't hear a consistent complain of GS3 has only 10 hour battery life (my friend has a GS3, in case you wonders, and it lasts days on a charge).

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Lets just say it not possible to configure them "similarly", to start with, since they use different launchers and default settings, e.g., sync, service.

There are plenty of complaints on the battery life on every device, excluding massive devices (G2, GN3, etc), but I didn't hear a consistent complain of GS3 has only 10 hour battery life (my friend has a GS3, in case you wonders, and it lasts days on a charge).
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by axis. View Post

Check which apps you have installed. Mine was at 17% one night and it died overnight and this wasn't even 8 hours. I had just installed Beautiful Widgets and added a widget. My guess is there was an issue with the app. I removed the widget and uninstalled the app and I don't have this issue anymore.

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Back when 2100 mAh batteries were "huge" Haha
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post

Your screen must be at 0% brightness to get that kind of battery. If that was true you'd be able to get almost 6 hours of screen time. I don't see that happening on a stock N5. Post screenshots if you manage to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie317 View Post
    My battery life is hit or miss.. During the work week with a horrible signal at work my battery life STINKS, on the weekends while out and about I can almost go a day and a half before it drops dead when I get a great signal and better coverage.. But it's pretty much about the same as the GS3 it replaced... Weak signal even with little to no usage the battery dies off fast... at home on WiFi most of the day and out and about shopping and doing my regular running around I take it off at 9 am and by 9 pm it's still 30 - 40% remaining... (but I will say I am not a HEAVY user.. Check Google+, Twitter, send out a bunch of text messages, very little phone use, internet searches and check up on sport scores throughout the day.. No gaming at all)
    Yes because you're on Sprint. The phone is constantly trying to pick up a decent signal from Sprint so that's what's draining battery power.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

UJ95X said:
    "Your screen must be at 0% brightness to get that kind of battery. If that was true you'd be able to get almost 6 hours of screen time. I don't see that happening on a stock N5. Post screenshots if you manage to do that"

I got that on WiFi. I did post screenshots in another thread.

Totally agree (with the OP). The N5 has the best battery of the last 5 Android phones I've owned by far.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    UJ95X said:
    "Your screen must be at 0% brightness to get that kind of battery. If that was true you'd be able to get almost 6 hours of screen time. I don't see that happening on a stock N5. Post screenshots if you manage to do that"

I got that on WiFi. I did post screenshots in another thread.

I can't find said thread

Posted via Android Central App

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast