So my Nexus 5 is chilling out in a rain drain.... Gutted

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So today I'm out doing a bit if shopping, get out of the car and my phone falls from my pocket, bounces not once but three times turning right at each bounce to then be at just the perfect angle that when it comes down to land... It falls thru the gap in the drain cover, I swear I couldn't have done that if I had tried, it was like my phone turned into a lemming....... People at bestbuy almost seen a man of 37 years of age cry .... Proper gutted, today I was literally Angry English!

fauxreal

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
So today I'm out doing a bit if shopping, get out of the car and my phone falls from my pocket, bounces not once but three times turning right at each bounce to then be at just the perfect angle that when it comes down to land... It falls thru the gap in the drain cover, I swear I couldn't have done that if I had tried, it was like my phone turned into a lemming....... People at bestbuy almost seen a man of 37 years of age cry .... Proper gutted, today I was literally Angry English!

havent heard a lemming reference in while. that sucks :( id be crying too! sorry to hear. i wonder if you got it out, if it stills works..

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Bummer. Sorry to hear it. Are you left handed? I am, but keep my phone in my right pocket when I use a pocket.

chowdog13

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow that sucks man. If you're budget allows buy another one, there great phones. I guess you don't need me to tell you that though.

Posted via Android Central App

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it had a case, it was the spigen ultra hybrid, or ultra bouncy lol, I'm ambidextrous I can write and use my left as good as my right, kinda strange, can't write as well as I can my right but everything else I can, but I can write, just not as neat, I will be replacing it, I was going to go with a Moto X tomorrow but I think losing this Nexus like I just did has put me off splashing the cash for now, so I'll likely grab a 16gb Moto G for half the price, I've treated myself this weekend to a new LG G Pad, , 4 xbox one games and 3 PS4 games so I should do the grown up thing and buy the Moto G...... But who knows.... When I get to that moto x page and see the dev edition I may not be able to resist, I'm such a gadget and tech geek

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to hear that. ... Which pocket?

So far it seems people tend to drop the phones from coat pocket....

@T-Mobile GN3

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Congrats. Let us know what you think of the Moto X. I was planning to get one today, but apparently Motorola doesn't want my money...

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about that. If you purchased with a credit card, you may have protection for your phone loss.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
........I've treated myself this weekend to a new LG G Pad....

so are you liking the LG G Pad? I loved that thing to the hilt, but in the end, I returned it for the 8.0 Samsung Tab 3, just becuz the inch shorter worked much better for bringing it with me... And Sammy did a much better job with the 8.0 Tab & kept the price right ($249.00) than the watered down 7.0, but I STILL miss LG G Pad almost everytime I turn on my Sammy Tab....

As for the new phone, maybe a leash would help for "fishing it out of a drainage ditch?! Bubble gum and a string? lol j/k! Seriously, I think ANYONE who has ever put a phone in their lap (not that that's what happened to u, but it reminds me of all the times I did that and said, "I mustn't forget its there when I get out" and then the familiar ....bam! and I am like, "oh no I didn't..."

Pisses me off I can't blame anyone for it when it happens...grrrr :-*

BTC

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
so are you liking the LG G Pad? I loved that thing to the hilt, but in the end, I returned it for the 8.0 Samsung Tab 3, just becuz the inch shorter worked much better for bringing it with me... And Sammy did a much better job with the 8.0 Tab & kept the price right ($249.00) than the watered down 7.0, but I STILL miss LG G Pad almost everytime I turn on my Sammy Tab....

As for the new phone, maybe a leash would help for "fishing it out of a drainage ditch?! Bubble gum and a string? lol j/k! Seriously, I think ANYONE who has ever put a phone in their lap (not that that's what happened to u, but it reminds me of all the times I did that and said, "I mustn't forget its there when I get out" and then the familiar ....bam! and I am like, "oh no I didn't..."

Pisses me off I can't blame anyone for it when it happens...grrrr :-*

BTC

Ive not got this one yet, its out for delivery, i have had one before the day they released in store at bestbuy but like you i returned it, i think i had a bit of a lemon to be honest though as mine would get really hot and would lag quite a bit, i loved the build quality and most of the other stuff, my main negatives was no apps 2 sd and no notification light but at $260 its well worth trying again

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
What made you go from a N5 to a Moto X? Sorry for your loss...

I learned a long time ago with my OG EVO that FLEW out of my pocket as I got out of my car to always keep a hand near by as I'm getting up just in case things decide to take on a life of their own.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What made you go from a N5 to a Moto X? Sorry for your loss...

I learned a long time ago with my OG EVO that FLEW out of my pocket as I got out of my car to always keep a hand near by as I'm getting up just in case things decide to take on a life of their own.

Availibilty mainly, but i have always been intrigued by the moto x also so its a good excuse