Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By clevin
  • 1 Post By clevin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best battery life of any Android phone I've used.

I've had the last 3 Nexus phones, as well as a Droid Bionic and a Droid X. All of them worked fine for me, usually lasting the whole day (at least half of it on wifi) and sometimes requiring a bump charge around dinner time. As far as my usage goes, I don't consider my phone a primary computer, a television set, a facebook addiction, or a game console...in other words, I have a life (I even talk to people at the table while having a meal). I use it for some phone calls (5 to 10 a day), a little texting (less than 10 a day) and whenever I need info...a quick internet search, looking up a movie, finding restaurants, navigation, and weather. I never turn any of my services off, and I keep the screen at about 60% brightness. Anyway, this holiday weekend I was on a trip with family and I was amazed at the battery life. I stayed off wifi (had tmo lte coverage every where I was) and at 6 or 7 PM every day, I would have 60 to 70% battery left, while my son's Galaxy Nexus was on it's 2nd charge. Around midnight, I'd still have 40% plus left. I'm sure there are a few phones out there that do better, but this is all I need with plenty of juice left over.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Best battery life of any Android phone I've used.

So your screen on about 1 hour a day?

ps, I do think your son likely spend more time on the phone than you..
    AZDROIDX likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So your screen on about 1 hour a day?

ps, I do think your son likely spend more time on the phone than you..
    He probably does, but not that much more on this weekend, with all of us together.

Anyway, it's not about that, or screen time (I usually have about 1.5 to 2.5 hours). Even screen time is irrelevant, as we all have different apps that use the processor differently. It's about my consistent usage of 5 different phones, all them producing a similar battery usage result (for me), except the N5, which is easily getting anywhere from 70% to 100% better battery life.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    I've had the last 3 Nexus phones, as well as a Droid Bionic and a Droid X. All of them worked fine for me, usually lasting the whole day (at least half of it on wifi) and sometimes requiring a bump charge around dinner time. As far as my usage goes, I don't consider my phone a primary computer, a television set, a facebook addiction, or a game console...in other words, I have a life (I even talk to people at the table while having a meal). I use it for some phone calls (5 to 10 a day), a little texting (less than 10 a day) and whenever I need info...a quick internet search, looking up a movie, finding restaurants, navigation, and weather. I never turn any of my services off, and I keep the screen at about 60% brightness. Anyway, this holiday weekend I was on a trip with family and I was amazed at the battery life. I stayed off wifi (had tmo lte coverage every where I was) and at 6 or 7 PM every day, I would have 60 to 70% battery left, while my son's Galaxy Nexus was on it's 2nd charge. Around midnight, I'd still have 40% plus left. I'm sure there are a few phones out there that do better, but this is all I need with plenty of juice left over.
    I had similar results over Thanksgiving. I was very impressed with how much longer when the battery lasted than my S3. The phone seems to use very little battery when you have it on standby. I'm very pleased with the battery performance so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi217 View Post
    I had similar results over Thanksgiving. I was very impressed with how much longer when the battery lasted than my S3. The phone seems to use very little battery when you have it on standby. I'm very pleased with the battery performance so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    This is excellent news because I am currently packing an S3 and getting my N5 tomorrow. I REALLY am displeased with the battery on my S3 (even after replacing it two months ago). I was hoping for better battery life on the Nexus. Nothing miraculous, just enough that I would notice. The S3 is not very battery efficient when not in use.
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

.... rustle ...... rustle ....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaron View Post

Oh dear.......before he gets here to destroy me, let me retract my statement and say that in reality my S3 was the best battery i've ever seen, and it could easily last me two weeks without a problem. 80+ hrs of screen on time. The N5 will never be able to match it because the "facts" online would indicate that the S3 cannot run out of battery.
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaron View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Oh dear.......before he gets here to destroy me, let me retract my statement and say that in reality my S3 was the best battery i've ever seen, and it could easily last me two weeks without a problem. 80+ hrs of screen on time. The N5 will never be able to match it because the "facts" online would indicate that the S3 cannot run out of battery.
    real mature, keep pretending internet doesn't exist and people can't find the truth by a simple google image search.

happy now? N5 apologists.
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510

It seems to be the best overall battery life of any Android I've experienced thus far, though to be fair I've only used the N4 and S4 to date.

Posted from my N5 via the Android Central App
    Nexus 5/Moto X

This is excellent news because I am currently packing an S3 and getting my N5 tomorrow. I REALLY am displeased with the battery on my S3 (even after replacing it two months ago). I was hoping for better battery life on the Nexus. Nothing miraculous, just enough that I would notice. The S3 is not very battery efficient when not in use.
    You will notice a nice bump in battery and general smoothness...

Thanked by:

real mature, keep pretending internet doesn't exist and people can't find the truth by a simple google image search.

happy now? N5 apologists.
    You're absolutely right. The internets proved my actual firsthand experience wrong. Thank the lord for Google. Otherwise I would've never known my own experience with the S3.

Posted via Android Central App

You're absolutely right. The internets proved my actual firsthand experience wrong. Thank the lord for Google. Otherwise I would've never known my own experience with the S3.
    glad internet helped, like that thread on this board telling people their poor battery life on N5 is really not correct (Battery life after about 2 weeks). You know, those readers wouldn't know a thing without that thread and they would have returned the N5! what a loss!

glad internet helped, like that thread on this board telling people their poor battery life on N5 is really not correct (Battery life after about 2 weeks). You know, those readers wouldn't know a thing without that thread and they would have returned the N5! what a loss!
    You're correct. I know I used my S3 for over a year and the battery was never anything stellar even when I was on a solid wi-fi connection, all my app syncing turned off (Gmail, Facebook, Twitter), and the screen brightness turned down. In fact I had both the Verizon S3 and the T-Mobile S3, one white and one blue (not sure if that makes any difference whatsoever) and both models had pretty poor battery life. Generally about 2-2.5 hrs of screen on time.

But now that you've pointed out some websites, I know that all of my experiences were just fantasy and the REAL world websites were correct and I was mistaken. Especially because we know everything online is the truth and we should never question it.

You're correct. I know I used my S3 for over a year and the battery was never anything stellar even when I was on a solid wi-fi connection, all my app syncing turned off (Gmail, Facebook, Twitter), and the screen brightness turned down. In fact I had both the Verizon S3 and the T-Mobile S3, one white and one blue (not sure if that makes any difference whatsoever) and both models had pretty poor battery life. Generally about 2-2.5 hrs of screen on time.

But now that you've pointed out some websites, I know that all of my experiences were just fantasy and the REAL world websites were correct and I was mistaken. Especially because we know everything online is the truth and we should never question it.
    Glad you realize that, like your Internet posting right here.

@T-Mobile GN3
    LegalAmerican likes this.