My Nexus 5 is Dead

JeffreyVB

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Was on a call and the call just cut out. The display was hung up on the dialer screen. I powered it off to unlock things, now it won't power up!!! ARGHHHHH!!!!!! Battery was at 20% at the time. Its been on the charger since. No Charging Battery Display. No reponse of any kind from any buttons. ARGHHHHHHH!!!! Anyone else see this, or have it happen to them?

JeffreyVB

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Stock KitKat. Google supports wants it to charge overnight. After 4hrs on the MicroUSB charger, nothing. I got a feeling an RMA is in my future. I have reverted back to my Nexus4. Not bad device wise, I just hate that I am losing data from my Nexus 5.

noonsie12

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
similar thing just happened to me. not phone call but was texting. turned on screen to checkfor messages and mobile radio was off. turned on airplane mode, then off. nothing. powered it off, and its not doing anything. rooted, running franks kernel and stock rom.

JeffreyVB

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Google issued an RMA this morning, and a new phone has been ordered. As long as I return the dead one, the charges for the new phone won't hit the credit card.

- - - Updated - - -

similar thing just happened to me. not phone call but was texting. turned on screen to checkfor messages and mobile radio was off. turned on airplane mode, then off. nothing. powered it off, and its not doing anything. rooted, running franks kernel and stock rom.

Did you ever get it back up and running?

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I believe holding the 'power' button and the 'volume up' button down simultaneously for an few seconds performs a hard reset, for future reference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DefinedByClass13

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I just received my second unit today. My phone suddenly went from working condition, to a screen full of colored vertical/horizontal lines. No physical damage whatsoever, but I'm still perplexed by the cause. I haven't seen anyone else with this same issue, so I can't determine what did it. I have a suspicion that maybe the wireless charger is a contender. My phone would go up to at least 100 degrees most of the time, which shouldn't be good.

JeffreyVB

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Kudos to Google support. RMA was authorized and a new phone was ordered on 12/3. New phone arrived today, 12/5. Not bad turn around at all!!!

Clive Higginson

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Mine just died, I was making a call and beaming some music at the same time, i moved it from my ear (as it went to voicemail) and that was that the screen wouldn't come back on, i do get a screen full of coloure dots when I persist in pressing the power button down to (rebopot?) it. I can locate it with android device manager and I can make it ring but the screen is as dead as a dodo.

SaviAjai

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Dear people,

My Nexus 5 was fine 20 minutes ago. But now, its dead. No error or anything came up.nor was I making calls. This is just strange. Please help. Its not getting charged even.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol