1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gauging Interest?

I have on order like many of you a Black 16gb N5 which should be shipping any day now, I picked up an N5 from a Buddy of mine who attempted to convert from an Iphone 5 to android and is going back to apple, its too late to cancel my order and would have to refuse delivery or I figured I can attempt to sell it, any feed back how hard is it to get rid of one of these new in box, I just want what I paid for it. Thanks.

Default Re: Gauging Interest?

You may as well just refuse delivery on it. It isn't guaranteed you'll find a buyer who'll pay full price. Technically it's already second hand.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

With my experience, I was able to cancel my order until the phone shipped...I have the phone and use it (32GB) but the option to cancel was available to me whenever I wanted. When it got shipped then I got charged; you should be able to call Google Play's customer service and request a refund

Quote Originally Posted by lotaguts View Post
    I have on order like many of you a Black 16gb N5 which should be shipping any day now, I picked up an N5 from a Buddy of mine who attempted to convert from an Iphone 5 to android and is going back to apple, its too late to cancel my order and would have to refuse delivery or I figured I can attempt to sell it, any feed back how hard is it to get rid of one of these new in box, I just want what I paid for it. Thanks.
    I too switched from the iPhone 5 to the Nexus 5. When I first got the N5, I was very happy about the larger screen and the form factor but that excitement slowly started to wear off once I started using it and I started missing the iPhone 5 for the "Out of box polish". However, instead of just going back to the iPhone, I stuck to the N5 and played around with settings, tried various widgets to get the type of notifications that I am used to and after about a week, I felt at home with the N5 and I gave my iPhone 5 to one of my daughters. I plan to use this phone for the next year and then see what Fall 2014 has to offer.

I switched some of the default apps and I am much happier:
    Camera: Camera Zoom FX
    SMS: Textra
    Email: K-9 Mail
    Notifications: Light Flow
    Runtime: ART (in developer mode)

I was very unhappy about the battery life but after some tweaks, I am much happier.
    Switched runtime to ART
    Turned off auto app updates
    Turned off auto screen brightness
    Switched from stock Mail app to Gmail and K-9