Ordered 1, got 2?

tallymatty

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
My friend ordered one 32GB Nexus 5 from the Play Store a couple weeks ago. His shipment came in last Wednesday. To his surprise, he actually had two packages from Google. Each containing a 32 Nexus 5. What should he do? Did he just get a free N5? He's only been charged once.

marconess

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'd phone Google or contact them telling them.

Maybe they'll let you keep it for free? At worst they'll pay for the shipping back. At worst, once they track down you have an extra one they may just charge your CC twice.

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Contact Google and send it back. Like someone said maybe they will reward him with a Google Play gift card or something.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Legally least in Australia you entitled to keep it if they don't contact you (from memory) but be a good bloke and contact them.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
yeah this is a situation where either way I wouldn't see anything wrong with the move. not a hugely costly mistake on their part. But if you are going to keep it. I would hold on to it for a while in case they realize their mistake. Otherwise yeah call them up, pay it forward.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm for the honest part, but you might want to examine both before returning one---just in case one has a problem. If you return a problem one, do let google know so they don't send it to someone else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's a tough decision for you to make. I honestly don't know what i'd do if I were you in that situation. On one hand i'd like to think i'd be honest and not sell my integrity short for an extra phone. On the other hand, Google is so filthy rich that losing one Nexus 5 wouldn't be a huge hit for them. Especially considering THEY sent it to YOU and it's not like you walked out of a store with the intent to take something you didn't pay for.

I however, do not think I could ever really enjoy my phone because i'd thik about that every time I used it. I think i'd send it back and consider it an investment for good karma.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe it for a minute. It's a good "what if.." type of question but I seriously doubt there is any truth to it.

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I had this earlier in the year, ended up with 2 nexus 10s, was honest and got nothing. It actually felt like they would rather I'd said nothing as it caused them grief but once started it had to be completed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Be honest. You'll feel better. The fact that you even have to ask shows there is something nagging. If they don't appreciate your honest, then whatever. You do it for yourself, not for them...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084