Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How many are going naked?

I bought a couple of slim cases but I'm loving the feel of naked so much that I can't bear covering her up. Anyone else going naked?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Evo4g likes this.

ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Default Re: How many are going naked?

I was going naked since I got it (White 32 gig) but have fell in love with the Spigen Nexus 5 Ultra thin air case. While I will admit it won't offer much protection if you drop it but hell you are naked anyway. The case is extremely thin, light , slick and has a good feel to it when you hold it in the hand. If you order it from Spigen it's $19.99 plus s/h. I ordered from amazon and got it for 9.99 so it was a great deal. Check it out if you care to.

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Streaking all the way. I love Running devices naked

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Evo4g likes this.

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

If I wanted to cover up my sexy, thin gorgeous phone, I would have bought an iPhone.
    Evo4g and TheEijk like this.

Still not a case on here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, no case here either. And I *always* use a case, so this is a first. When the Play store drops the price of the official nexus case to under $20, I may bite (are they even offering it in black yet?). Until then, birthday suit...

Posted from my N5 via the Android Central App
    Nexus 5/Moto X

I got the white model and love the naked look so no case for me. I had an iPhone 5 before and had to keep it in a case because it was far too prone to scratches and dents. As nice as it looked, it is a shame because the edges would get damaged and I couldn't enjoy the beauty of the phone. Plus I felt that it would slip out of my hand.

The N5 on the other hand, is plastic and I love it. Not case for a month now and loving it.

Naked unless and until either Element or UAG make a case for the N5. What's out there now is pure crap. Had a Spigen Thin Armor and the buttons didnt work.

No case here. Always have preferred my phones without one.

Any case I've ever bought, I always tend to take them off after a few days. My N5 will be bare naked for the foreseeable future.

I have ordered a case, mostly because the front glass is flush and therefore touches any surface you place the phone. Same with the camera on the back.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I bought the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, but lately it's feeling a little "chunky" to me. I mainly got it to protect the back camera from getting scratched, but the phone definitely feels better caseless.

I parade mine around completely naked.

Did same with my N4 for 11 months and it still looks fantastic.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

I love my phone too much and depend on it too much to not have a case on it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

I'm always naked. I don't ever buy cases for my phones. And never had a problem.

i use a pouch so it doesn't get dirty/discolored from my jeans but is easily retrievable and i can show it off. and also if the phone were to ever fall out my pocket while getting out of the car or something, i know it wont get dinged up.

This guy right here! I never put a case on my phones. They're too ugly!

Amazing Space age technology - several hundred dollars

20 cents worth of plastic - $25-50

Not worth it.

Also, why am I keeping the phone in perfect condition for it's next owner? My last three phones all look good still, and they never had cases

I never put cases on any of the phones I have had. Plus the N5 just looks so sexy! Why would you cover it up?? I was worried once though, I left it in my hoodie pocket, and when I got home I did not realize it was still in there. So i thought damn I have to drive all the way back to work. So i go to put my hoodie on, and there it is in the pocket! It is a seriously light phone. It would just feel wrong putting a case on this badboy.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomContent View Post

Also, why am I keeping the phone in perfect condition for it's next owner? My last three phones all look good still, and they never had cases
    Well, to sell it at a better price when you try to upgrade to a different phone.

@T-Mobile GN3
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510

The only reason I have a case on my is because I work as a computer tech and having tools laying around don't want it to break but as soon as I get home the case comes off..
    Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Nexus all the way..

mine are always naked but from some reports about how fragile the screen can be im a bit worried. i put on a case when im going out like out of town or drinking lol

always naked

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    I bought a couple of slim cases but I'm loving the feel of naked so much that I can't bear covering her up. Anyone else going naked?
    I'm naked so far too, but not for much longer ... seeing too many reports that almost any kind of stress can crack the glass, and there's NOTHING "sexy" to me about a thin, minimum-bezel phone that's going to cost me ~ 150 (at least for now) a pop to repair the glass. It's paid for, the purchase price is now an investment. I've "saved" all the money I can save by buying it from Google, so now it's a tool that is no use if it's broken (and I don't think I'll be at all happy looking at a "sexy" broken phone).

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMadarasz View Post
    I'm naked so far too, but not for much longer ... seeing too many reports that almost any kind of stress can crack the glass, and there's NOTHING "sexy" to me about a thin, minimum-bezel phone that's going to cost me ~ 150 (at least for now) a pop to repair the glass. It's paid for, the purchase price is now an investment. I've "saved" all the money I can save by buying it from Google, so now it's a tool that is no use if it's broken (and I don't think I'll be at all happy looking at a "sexy" broken phone).
    well said, its always a balance, can't say there is a good choice for everyone.

I don't use a case, obviously because it would make my phone even bigger, I do, however, put screen protectors on front and back. Its more about preventing scratches than preventing damage from a big fall. I have not dropped my smartphones onto the ground since June 2009 (three times onto tables, about a foot fall), I hope I won't ever drop my current phone in at least 2 years...... fingers crossed!
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast