1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Something isn't right with this speedtest

My WiFi right now. It's been even slower since yesterday, but I've never had an uplink like this before.

I'll call the cable company and see what they say (about the horrible download speed).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Something isn't right with this speedtest-uploadfromtaptalk1386252854267.jpg  

Default Re: Something isn't right with this speedtest

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    My WiFi right now. It's been even slower since yesterday, but I've never had an uplink like this before.

I'll call the cable company and see what they say (about the horrible download speed).

Reboot the phone?

@T-Mobile GN3
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510
    Thanked by:

Are you seeing a similar result when you run a speedtest on other devices connected to the same network (ie, your laptop)? If so, then you've likely got a problem with your ISP or your router.

If you're only seeing the slow speeds on your Nexus, you might want to reset it, or it's possible you've got a faulty wifi radio. I haven't heard of this being a common issue, so I'd make sure you rule out the ISP and router before considering something's wrong with the phone.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you. :thumbup: I did call them just now and that was actually the plan I was on. They say the speed test done on a phone over WiFi isn't as accurate as if I did it online at a testing website.

Anyway, I got a different speed tier and the aggravating thing is that it only gives me average dl but totally cuts down the ul to to about 2MBps. And it's insanely expensive.

But my phones are having a far easier time doing everything now.

Thank you. :thumbup: I did call them just now and that was actually the plan I was on. They say the speed test done on a phone over WiFi isn't as accurate as if I did it online at a testing website.

Anyway, I got a different speed tier and the aggravating thing is that it only gives me average dl but totally cuts down the ul to to about 2MBps. And it's insanely expensive.

But my phones are having a far easier time doing everything now.

be very careful with the plan. I got cheated into signing up a new plan, and later found out they implementation a cap on the new plan. Its a large cap, but still infuriating.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    be very careful with the plan. I got cheated into signing up a new plan, and later found out they implementation a cap on the new plan. Its a large cap, but still infuriating.
    Thanks for the tip, but this was my cable I upgraded, for the WiFi. I still have horrible cell data with Boost Mobile but I do plan to put the Nexus on Straight Talk or Gophone. Which are you using, only if you don't mind telling?

Thanks for the tip, but this was my cable I upgraded, for the WiFi. I still have horrible cell data with Boost Mobile but I do plan to put the Nexus on Straight Talk or Gophone. Which are you using, only if you don't mind telling?

Thats what I was referring to, I was using mediacom cable for many years, this past summer, they discontinued old plans and encouraged people signing up for a bunch of new plans, their reps kept talking about how the speed increase was nice, but never mention the new caps they are putting in on every freaking plan. Its pissing me off just recalling this crap from them. its too late for me now, but I am getting rid of them when this contract is up and if I have better options.

Arstechnica is saying all major cable companies are gearing toward this, so be careful.
    Thanked by:

I like to use to test my speeds.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Thats what I was referring to, I was using mediacom cable for many years, this past summer, they discontinued old plans and encouraged people signing up for a bunch of new plans, their reps kept talking about how the speed increase was nice, but never mention the new caps they are putting in on every freaking plan. Its pissing me off just recalling this crap from them. its too late for me now, but I am getting rid of them when this contract is up and if I have better options.

Arstechnica is saying all major cable companies are gearing toward this, so be careful.
    Thank you for telling me. That sounds bad.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaicShock View Post
    I like to use to test my speeds.
    Thank you for these suggestions and links!

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2