1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cloud Backup

Hello All, Android newbie here, crossed over from IOS, how do cloud backups work? Is it something that needs to be setup or is it native like the apple icloud? I did some reading and found an APP called G cloud but was not sure if I needed to this, looking to backup things like Apps, call logs, phone settings things like that, obviously email, contacts, are in the cloud already. Thanks for any feedback.

Default Re: Cloud Backup

Welcome to Android Central! Phone settings can be backed up to your Google account by going to Settings/Privacy or Settings/Backup, and checking "Back up my data." I wish I could tell you exactly what phone settings are backed up, but I don't know the details of it.

When you purchase or install an app from Google Play (and also from Amazon Appstore), there will be a record of that transaction. If you ever need to reinstall your apps, you can go to the Google Play Store app, select My Apps from the menu, select the All tab, and see your list. Then you can select which apps to reinstall. App data isn't necessarily saved, though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the feedback, I went into this setting and it was already checked off. Right below it there is check box to restore App data so I am wondering if it does install it when it restores, This is a different ballgame coming from the apple world.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Can anyone tell me how to search for different apps in the phone? I tried different swiping motions and its a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by lotaguts View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, I went into this setting and it was already checked off. Right below it there is check box to restore App data so I am wondering if it does install it when it restores, This is a different ballgame coming from the apple world.
    It may depend on the app. Sorry, wish I could give you a more definite answer, but I'd have to research it more.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by lotaguts View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to search for different apps in the phone? I tried different swiping motions and its a no go.
    You can bring up all apps on your phone by opening the App Drawer. Tap on the icon that looks like a grid of dots.

You can also use the Search function to look for apps on your phone. If it doesn't work, you may have to go into the settings for Google Search, select Phone Search, and select what you want to include in searches.

Posted via Android Central App

I created a Google+ account that is like their Facebook. Now everytime I take a picture when I get Wi-Fi it uploads the picture to Google+ and the picture also gets sync'ed and downloaded to my Android tablet as long as you are signed in. You get 20GB of storage. So I can also download those pictures to my Windows laptop from Google+. There is also Google Drive that has word processor and spread sheet. Plus Google Keep that I have no clue what I would do there.