Beaming Photo From Nexus 5 to Nexus 7 With NFC

Viventis

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I set up NFC on my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (first gen). When I try to beam a photo from the phone to the tablet, everything seems to go correctly. The sound plays, the photo shrinks with the "Touch here to beam" message, and the success words display. Unfortunately, my tablet opens up to Google+ instead of Gallery and the photo is nowhere to be found. I read that some devices have trouble beaming photos....but two Nexus family devices? Anyone get this to work?

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you need Bluetooth on. Usually you'll get a message to turn it on and that an app wants to use it. When I just tapped a picture from gallery in N5 to N7, it showed up as download. When I move a file Using File Expert, the file shows up in Received Files folder.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you need Bluetooth on. Usually you'll get a message to turn it on and that an app wants to use it. When I just tapped a picture from gallery in N5 to N7, it showed up as download. When I move a file Using File Expert, the fine shows up in Received Files folder.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Interesting, I guess devices handle this differently.

@T-Mobile GN3

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you have Bluetooth on. You have to have it on for file sending over NFC.

Posted from the awesome new Nexus 7

No, you don't. While it will transmit via BT the Nexus will automatically turn it on and off if it was off already. I transfered photos with my wife with 2 Galaxy Nexus phones and never touched BT since neither of us used it for anything.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
No, you don't. While it will transmit via BT the Nexus will automatically turn it on and off if it was off already. I transfered photos with my wife with 2 Galaxy Nexus phones and never touched BT since neither of us used it for anything.

OK, well I haven't used it in a while, but when I tried it it didn't work until I manually turned Bluetooth on.

Posted from the awesome new Nexus 7

Viventis

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
It does not work any better with Bluetooth on. The instructions don't mention turning Bluetooth on so I was skeptical, but I tried it anyway.