N5 4.4.1 ota

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Remember it's starts out at 1% then gradually grits and goes out to more people.

Yes and only 1% will get the update OTA in the first 48 hours as they check for new issues. The Nexus line is the front line for new Android updates but at least we don't have to buy new phones like the Samsung fans do to get a Android update.

Diesel6401

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I've gotta sit tight for the OTA. My in-laws are in town and my office/spare bedroom is not easily accessible and of course that's where my computers are. I "could" go in their and use one of my computers, but that would require talking to my father-in-law... I don't think the wife will be happy either if I attempt to move the futon to the garage. Dang futons. I need a couch that doesn't convert to a bed in my office. Adding that to the Christmas list!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Just side loaded this.. Never did it before and it was not that bad. I am happy I learned about this because I won't have to wait for updates any more!

QWIKSTRIKE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Just side loaded this.. Never did it before and it was not that bad. I am happy I learned about this because I won't have to wait for updates any more!

I sideloaded this but ran into a few bugs and I also posted how I solved them in the XDA thread OTA help desk update!

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried this but when I boot into recover adb no longer lists my phone under devices.

I'm no expert, but which step didn't work? As I go through the process my phone disconnects during recovery, and then reconnects.

I used the above method twice tonight. Once on nexus 7 and nexus 5.

Diesel6401

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I tired to sideload but kept getting a *cannot read* file error. No matter what I did. Everything went well except it wouldn't read and push the update.

mjburt

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Just a general question... Hopefully someone can answer. Is sideloading exactly the same as getting the update the normal way from Google?

If it is then I'm pretty sure I'm just going to sideload 4.4.2. The camera shutter being slow is definitely irritating

Mike

Diesel6401

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I gave up on sideloading because of the error I was getting, and restarted my phone after I unplugged from computer and wouldn't you the OTA came through lol

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Just a general question... Hopefully someone can answer. Is sideloading exactly the same as getting the update the normal way from Google?

If it is then I'm pretty sure I'm just going to sideload 4.4.2. The camera shutter being slow is definitely irritating

Mike

Don't quote me, but I think it is. The file you load to get the update is from Google (I think).

I was unsure of this too, but people told me that there were no side effects. I side loaded both 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 with no prior experience. And no problems.

I also just rooted my phone with Wugfresh's Nexus Root Toolkit. If anyone is curious about rooting, it was fairly simple using his Toolkit. Just takes a little time to do it and set up your phone again.

Diesel6401

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
4.4.1 or 4.4.2? :D

Both to both lol.

I tried sideloading both files no go, and tried different computers. My device was communicating with adb, but keep getting a couldn't read the file or something like that error.

My device went directly to the 4.4.2 OTA skipping 4.4.1.

Only clue why I got the errors for future reference?

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Both to both lol.

I tried sideloading both files no go, and tried different computers. My device was communicating with adb, but keep getting a couldn't read the file or something like that error.

My device went directly to the 4.4.2 OTA skipping 4.4.1.

Only clue why I got the errors for future reference?

Sent you a PM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1