Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Have You Gotten KitKat 4.4.1? Thread

I keep on getting device not found error when sideloading to my Nexus 5. I tried different workarounds in updating my Google usb drivers to no avail. Help :O

my white 16gb hasnt gotten it but my brand new 32gb one out of box got the update today

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickAsh View Post
    I keep on getting device not found error when sideloading to my Nexus 5. I tried different workarounds in updating my Google usb drivers to no avail. Help :O
    Same thing happened to me when I tried to side load KitKat onto my Nexus 7. Did some research and found out that ADB wasn't maintaing the USB connection active. The fix for this seemed rather involved, so I had to wait for my 4.4 OTA for my Nexus 7 which was almost 2 weeks! :/ I hope this rollout doesn't take as long for me.

Well, what is the fix? ( I also get the "device not found" message when I tried to sideload. Adb commands work fine up till the sideload attempt. )

Has anyone that's using sprint got 4.4.1 yet?

Posted via Android Central App

Will the update arrive in the software updates in the phone or will it have to be installed manually only?

Quote Originally Posted by AntonBu View Post
    Will the update arrive in the software updates in the phone or will it have to be installed manually only?
    It will arrive as an OTA update, you don't have to install it manually, but you can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by icewater106 View Post

Nope. I'm still waiting...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Will wait a few more days before sideloading. I am learning to be more patient with updates in case it breaks something I like. This sounds like a pretty good update.

Frozen in place in Dallas!

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Quote Originally Posted by betachains View Post
    Well, what is the fix? ( I also get the "device not found" message when I tried to sideload. Adb commands work fine up till the sideload attempt. )
    That was not one of the problems that I encountered doing this last night...

Did you try following a different set of instructions? I posted a few options. I had to play around with three sets of instructions before it worked. They are just slightly different.

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by betachains View Post
    There are different posts that I've found. Just google "adb device not found". One post suggested an app that would fix the connection. Another post suggested some manipulation with the Android SDK.

Quote Originally Posted by RG129 View Post
    There are different posts that I've found. Just google "adb device not found". One post suggested an app that would fix the connection. Another post suggested some manipulation with the Android SDK.
    I tried multiple ways, same error message. I guess I'll have to wait for the OTA. Thanks.

Edit: I got it to work by installing this driver:

I already had the full ADB installation with drivers, but this new one allowed me to sideload.
    Last edited by betachains; 12-07-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Still waiting. Argh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Still waiting here UK Xperia Z

Sent from my C6603 using AC Forums mobile app

Go to Apps, Google Services Framework and clear data. Once you've done that go to settings, about phone and system updates. Just done that and my nexus updated to 4.4.1!!!!!

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Flint View Post
    Go to Apps, Google Services Framework and clear data. Once you've done that go to settings, about phone and system updates. Just done that and my nexus updated to 4.4.1!!!!!
    Before taking this advice, this article should be read.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is there anyway to install it while on a Mac? I don't own a PC. All the instructions I find are for PCs, it seems.

A few days of waiting isn't that big of a deal, though.

Quick question guys as it's been a while since I updated a phone.

What data do you normally lose when updating? All Apps deleted? Received SMS deleted? Anything else? Or none of the above?

Global Posts
    6,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
    Is there anyway to install it while on a Mac? I don't own a PC. All the instructions I find are for PCs, it seems.

A few days of waiting isn't that big of a deal, though.
    Yes. You need to have the Android SDK installed and be able to use a few commands. It's really easy, just takes a few minutes to understand the process before you jump in. I reverted back to stock then pushed the update using my Macbook Pro and using this guide (substitute the Nexus 5 files): How to manually update your Nexus tablet to KitKat [updated] | Android Central

If you are stock then that will work. Stock rooted will work as well, but won't if you installed a custom ROM or Kernel, which is why I restored to stock. Good luck
    onthecouchagain likes this.

Global Posts
    6,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by icewater106 View Post

I sideloaded the update.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Yes. You need to have the Android SDK installed and be able to use a few commands. It's really easy, just takes a few minutes to understand the process before you jump in. I reverted back to stock then pushed the update using my Macbook Pro and using this guide (substitute the Nexus 5 files): How to manually update your Nexus tablet to KitKat [updated] | Android Central

If you are stock then that will work. Stock rooted will work as well, but won't if you installed a custom ROM or Kernel, which is why I restored to stock. Good luck

I'm confused at steps 10 and 11:

On your computer, open up a command prompt or terminal window.
    Using the command line, navigate to the Android SDK/platform-tools folder

What does that mean "using the command line, navigate to the Android SDK/platform-tools folder" ?

Global Posts
    6,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
    I'm confused at steps 10 and 11:

On your computer, open up a command prompt or terminal window.
    Using the command line, navigate to the Android SDK/platform-tools folder

What does that mean "using the command line, navigate to the Android SDK/platform-tools folder" ?
    You want to navigate to the saved location of the platform-tools folder. With the Terminal open, type:
    Code:
    cd /location/of/platform-tools
    You can easily open the sdk folder and right-click on the platform-tools folder and copy the whole location. Paste that after "cd" then press enter.
    Thanked by 2:

You want to navigate to the saved location of the platform-tools folder. With the Terminal open, type:
    Code:
    You can easily open the sdk folder and right-click on the platform-tools folder and copy the whole location. Paste that after "cd" then press enter.
    Gotcha. Going to give it a shot. Will update. Thanks!

Code:
    I keep getting a syntax error in the terminal. I'm pasting the "COPY Platform-tools" when I right click the folder to the terminal, then adding "./adb-mac sideload <the complete name of the OTA zip file you want to flash>" (including the dot in front of /adb...) and then putting the full file name of the zip "7ed504f678cea49ecf0974e8cd956e2974e3f943.signed-hammerhead-KOT49E-from-KRT16M.7ed504f6" inside the < >

but giving me errors. Where am I going wrong?

EDIT: Okay, I see I'm not supposed to use < > for the file name, but now it's giving me "No such file or directory" ...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast