1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Dialing from Car's Bluetooth does not work if screen is locked.

Hi This is my 4th Android phone. I have previously used Galaxy Nexus, GS3 and Nexus 4 and now finally N5.

The problem is that I cannot dial or initiate an outgoing call using my Car's Bluetooth system, if the screen is locked. If I try to dial out using my car's system, i.e either using numbers stored in car's speed dial or voice dialing feature. it simply doe not work. But when I look at the phone and unlock the screen, phone starts dialing out.

This totally defeats the purpose of hand free Bluetooth system, in the car. I never has this issue with any other phone, including Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S3 or various versions of iphone.

This is really annoying. All help and suggestions are welcome but no third party apps.

Thank you.

Default Re: Dialing from Car's Bluetooth does not work if screen is locked.

I am having the same problem. Just took the lock screen off to see if it will work now. You would think the changes would have been tested!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Lee6 View Post
    I am having the same problem. Just took the lock screen off to see if it will work now. You would think the changes would have been tested!

Mine works. I just tested it. I have a Plantronics headset. Just checking. Do you have "Bluetooth headset" checked in the Google Now settings? If not, push and hold an empty space on the main home screen. You will see three choices near the bottom, Wallpapers, Widgets and Settings. Select Settings, then Voice, then tick the box near the bottom.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
    Mine works. I just tested it. I have a Plantronics headset. Just checking. Do you have "Bluetooth headset" checked in the Google Now settings? If not, push and hold an empty space on the main home screen. You will see three choices near the bottom, Wallpapers, Widgets and Settings. Select Settings, then Voice, then tick the box near the bottom.

any help anyone?

I had this problem as well--it wouldn't dial anything when I used my car's voice dialing system. I made a call thru the phone interface after connecting to Bluetooth, and I had to set a default action--if you have Skype or another dialer app installed, you need to set the system dialer as "always" before you can make a Bluetooth call using your car system. That's what I did, anyway, and it works normally now.

Wrong post
    Last edited by AntonisStylianou; 01-10-2014 at 12:29 PM.