Google will not give me a refund

romero.richardv

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My nexus 5 is out of the 15 day window and Google will not let me return it to get a refund. I can barely hear the other caller due to low volume and hissing sounds. The hissing sound also happens when i record a video. I recommend anyone with an issue just to return it as soon as possible if you are in the 15 day period instead of waiting for an update by Google. Do not do the same mistake I did. :mad:

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 5 is out of the 15 day window and Google will not let me return it to get a refund. I can barely hear the other caller due to low volume and hissing sounds. The hissing sound also happens when i record a video. I recommend anyone with an issue just to return it as soon as possible if you are in the 15 day period instead of waiting for an update by Google. Do not do the same mistake I did. :mad:

It's kinda silly to get mad at Google for not letting you return your device outside the return window... You had 15 days to return it and you chose not to. If you're having issues with your Nexus 5, you might as well request a replacement at least. You still have a warranty.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
It's kinda silly to get mad at Google for not letting you return your device outside the return window... You had 15 days to return it and you chose not to. If you're having issues with your Nexus 5, you might as well request a replacement at least. You still have a warranty.

Exactly. Don't put up with a defective device. Same policy with carriers and phone manufacturers in general. After 14 or 15 days, no returns.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

BrBRtR

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
It's not silly at all. The 15 days is an unconditional return. Google states on their webaite that after that period if your device is defective you may be entitled to a refund. The OP didn't get a refund despite a defective device so I can see the frustration. Also, not every defect is apparent right away, that's why they have the 15+ day clause.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

I would try again and just talk to a manager. Explain the situation nicely but understand the best they may be able to do is honor the warranty which is a new device shipped out to you no charge. Plus they pay shipping back. I would give the Nexus 5 another go but if you really want a refund it won't hurt to talk to a manager.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

I called after 15 days (on day 20 i believe) and they offer me a replacement or refunds. I ended up getting a replacement. I was kinda surprise that I was giving an option for my money back but I guess it depend on who you get?

TheBlueF0x

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Call Google, tell them it's screwed up, and get a replacement. When you receive the replacement, keep it (if everything works good) or return it for a refund. When you receive a replacement device, the 15-day window repeats itself. So, you could have the device for several months and it tear up, return it for replacement, get the said replacement, then tell them you want to return that for a refund. Several people on the Google support forums have done this.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21