side load help

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you are in Stock recovery. Press the power and volume up buttons when you hit that screen.

Posted via Android Central App

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
WOOO HOOOO!!! Got it to work! Just side loaded my first update. 4.4.1! I have never unlocked, rooted or rom-ed before.

People on this thread posted these instructions:
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/12/05/download-android-4-4-1-update-for-the-nexus-5/
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/1...date-a-nexus-without-root-or-custom-recovery/
Android 4.2 (Build JOP40C) Rolling Out To The Nexus 7 Now – Manual Download Link Available
How to manually install Android 4.4 KitKat - Nexus 7 (2012/2013) WiFi, Nexus 10 - Update: Nexus 4 and 3G/4G Nexus 7 models as well

Hope this helps!

6u8ytebu.jpg

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Congrats on figuring it out! Now you will never have to wait for an OTA to come crawling to your phone!

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on figuring it out! Now you will never have to wait for an OTA to come crawling to your phone!

Why did I not do this before?? You are so right. After doing this, I am never waiting for an update again!!

So cool.

Now I plan to learn how to root over the next few weeks...

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to side load 4.4.1 on to my brand new Nexus 5 as well. Completely new to Android and side loading though. I think I understand all of the steps but I don't get how to navigate to a particular folder via Terminal on a Mac. Any help would be appreciated.

Otherwise how long would you guess it might take for this thing to come OTA?

Thanks.

QWIKSTRIKE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to side load 4.4.1 on to my brand new Nexus 5 as well. Completely new to Android and side loading though. I think I understand all of the steps but I don't get how to navigate to a particular folder via Terminal on a Mac. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

There is a thread on XDA on how to manually update the Nexus 5, and people with Macs are there doing this! Anyone with a window based PC will find a post that I made there which helps sort out installation bugs incurred while in recovery!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Thanks.
When you installed the SDK you should have chosen the location you wanted to save it. So navigating to it would look like this when you have the Terminal App open:
Code:
cd location/of/sdk/file/platform-tools
If you are unsure, just right click on the platform-tools folder and select properties. In the window that pops-up you will see the file location. Copy the whole location and paste it after "cd". The update file needs to be put in the platform-tools folder in order to work.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I used the adb not the cd command and it worked for me. I got stuck on the red exclamation point, but figured it out and then it was smooth sailing after that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12